• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. OFFROAD RELOCATION BRACKETS REV 2 INSTALL

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
Here they are folks the original just got better still made from 1/4 steel and still made right here in AMERICA.

What you get is enough to do both sides, drivers side shown below. Includes bolt in bracket, anti crush bracket, shackle bracket, new shackle bolt, and grade 8 washers for the frame bolts (frame bolts not included as most of you already have some kind of nutstrip system in place reuse your bolts or get longer ones) I can not possibly predict what everyone currently has for nutstrips (bolt type size etc) I can not supply the hardware with this kit that will meet everyone's needs.

DSC_0003.jpg

First remove the original shackle and shackle bolt.
DSC_0002.jpg

Next insert the anti crush bracket into the bolt in bracket.
DSC_0004.jpg

Insert this assembly into the original shackle box and reuse oem bolt, and bolt to frame.
DSC_0005.jpg

Next bolt up shackle bracket and install shackle into desired location.
DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Repeat on other side and thats it.

You no longer have to mount these flush to the frame as the mounting slot for the original shackle bolt allows for the bracket to be located up to 1/2" inch off the "frame", taking into account hitches and/or skid plates.

The rear corner of the bracket will be removed for 98 and newer models.

These should be on the website and available to purchase no later than 7/10 of 2011.

Sorry I didn't do some silly install video.

very nice! i like that these can be mounted below hitches and skids and what not. great job. i am guessing that welding these is also recommended just like with the original ones.

very nice! i like that these can be mounted below hitches and skids and what not. great job. i am guessing that welding these is also recommended just like with the original ones.

The very first set of the original design has still not been welded and we have experienced 0 problems. It wouldn't be a bad idea if these are moved off the "frame" to tack the oem box to the bracket to help fight the bending forces.

Last edited:
yeah mine arent welded and i have had them on for over 18 months. i remember the directions recommending it, thats all.

Nice improvement on the design. What's up with the 4th bolt hole not lining up at the rear though? Is that the part you're saying gets cut off on late model XJ's? I use that hole for my skid plate mount and would like to retain it.

Can these ones be installed with out removing the bolts for a stock hitch or do you have to remove the bolts to put these in?

Yes you need to use the bolts, this is what gives you the extra strengh.

Nice improvement on the design. What's up with the 4th bolt hole not lining up at the rear though? Is that the part you're saying gets cut off on late model XJ's? I use that hole for my skid plate mount and would like to retain it.

You will still be able to use the fourth bolt for your skid plate, the bracket will just be clearanced around it. The way the back lip of the XJ is doesn't allow for enough material to be left to support a hole.

AND AN UPDATE, the price will be $145 to your door and I will run a special deal tomorrow, read about it in the vendors special section(will be posted up tomorrow).

I have a set of the orig. Very easy to install and one of the best mods I have made. The new version looks even better and easier to install. Will deff get my buddy to buy for his Jeep along with unibody stiffeners. Brian makes Great stuff.

Bill

I saw these in person at the Crawl.
The new design is super slick, the whole thing gets stuffed in the pocket and bolted through with the factory bolt. Should be fine not welded, great for a bolt on upgrade. Super beefy.

if I had an xj with that weak sauce factory shackle mount I would buy these.

87 'MJ Elitist' manche

Back