• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New NAXJA sponsor! Boostwerks brings you the first 4.0L turbo manifold!

Boostwerks.com

NAXJA Forum User
We are proud to Introduce the only bolt on turbo manifold available for the 4.0L jeep motor! This has been a very in depth project for boostwerks and the results have been spectacular. Of course we are bringing this product to NAXJA first!

The manifold is typically the most complicated component of any custom turbo install. The Boostwerks Jeep manifold allows the customer to piece together their own turbo setup, potentially saving them hundreds of dollars! The manifold ensures the turbo, wastegate, and all other required piping are situated correctly in the engine bay. Eventually we will be able to offer a complete turbo kit, but for now all we offer is the manifold.
The short runner "log style" manifold builds boost very fast and fits perfectly under the 4.0L intake manifold. In testing with a 57 trim Borg Warner T3/T4, the boostwerks rig starts building boost right around 2,000rpm with big improvements in offboost torque as well. Unlike most 4.0L supercharger kits, the turbo system allows retention of the A/C system, and there are no big holes to cut in the hood either!

Specs:
  • Thick schedule 40 304 stainless pipe construction
  • 100% Tig welded with Argon purge
  • CNC laser cut mild steel flanges
  • Comes standard with a CNC milled T3 flange
  • Optional 38mm external WG provision (reccomended)
  • Will fit a large T3/T4 turbo with an “E” compressor housing
  • Head flange milled flat after welding
  • Includes our full Lifetime Warranty
Intro price for NAXJA members: $750 shipped with external WG provision.

We only accept paypal payments at this time, but we'll be taking cards soon. Right now each manifold is built to order until we're able to get enough stock on hand. Build time is typically 2 weeks.

Check out our build thread in the street forum for the complete install! If your interested in turboing your 4.0L feel free to email me any of your questions.

fab020.jpg

1005001.jpg

1005003.jpg

1005004.jpg

Order1006006.jpg

fab035.jpg

fab031.jpg

fab076.jpg

Thanks for looking!
We'll have some other products available soon Including our dana 30 big brake kit!

fab067.jpg

Enjoi,
Bryson @ Boostwerks

that is freakin' awesome!
great craftsmanship!!! that manifold looks really good...

Interested in that Turdy BBK if it'll fit without doing anything to the unit bearing bolts. And if the price isn't outrageous...

Very nice!

I'm assuming that the mating holes for the forward reinforcement flange are already extant in the block? If so, using them is a very good idea (to help support the weight of the turbosupercharger, in addition to keeping the primaries short.) You're showing excellent design philosophy there.

Side question - you went to all that work on the exhaust, have you considered doing similar work to design a short intake for belt-driven supercharger (Lysholm & Roots) applications? Ram tuning isn't needed for a supercharger, so a more compact package would be wonderful for that sort of thing.

Looks like I'll have to get a 7120 head soon! I've been wanting to stick a Lysholm on a stroker and make a sleeper out of it, but I'd end up having to fabricate an intake to stick the blower on its side and keep it all underhood...

Interested in that Turdy BBK if it'll fit without doing anything to the unit bearing bolts. And if the price isn't outrageous...

It has nothing to do with the unit bearing bolts. I'll be honest though... it will be considered "expensive" to some. However for the $, it will be a great upgrade. It's designed around the early style knuckles and unit bearings which will give the end user a couple of choices. They can either source their own or get new parts through me. The early tapered roller bearings are an upgrade in and of themselves while the early knuckles allow a strong platform for a lug mounted caliper.

I'm intrigued. Will you offer to make flanges for Mitsu turbos?
If you'd want to use a mitsu turbo you could use a T3 adapter plate, but I prefer a good Garrett or Borg Warner. Not really a fan of the mitsu turbos.

Very nice!

I'm assuming that the mating holes for the forward reinforcement flange are already extant in the block? If so, using them is a very good idea (to help support the weight of the turbosupercharger, in addition to keeping the primaries short.) You're showing excellent design philosophy there.

Side question - you went to all that work on the exhaust, have you considered doing similar work to design a short intake for belt-driven supercharger (Lysholm & Roots) applications? Ram tuning isn't needed for a supercharger, so a more compact package would be wonderful for that sort of thing.

Looks like I'll have to get a 7120 head soon! I've been wanting to stick a Lysholm on a stroker and make a sleeper out of it, but I'd end up having to fabricate an intake to stick the blower on its side and keep it all underhood...

If your talking about the middle two holes on the head flange, they're actually just used for fab purposes. The head doesn't have the provisions for them.

I'm honestly a huge turbo fan. Personally superchargers are great and all, but if a turbo system is possible I will always go that route. With the advancement in turbine/compressor efficency, ball bearing center sections and the shear number of turbo sizes and variations out there it's a no brainer for me. The borg warner I have on my jeep is capable of flowing enough air for over 500ft/lbs of torque yet spools at low RPM and even part throttle.

Thanks for all the props guys! Let me know if you have any questions! I'm more than happy to help. :farmer:

" Eventually we will be able to offer a complete turbo kit, but for now all we offer is the manifold. "

i was given a ride in the boostwerks jeep a few weeks back, and i can attest to the ungodly drool factor...

i kept smiling and giggling like a little school girl, the jeep performed flawlessly, and the power increase was absolutely astounding but amazingly smooth, almost like it wasnt a bolt on upgrade, but factory.

from the outside you could never tell anything was up with the jeep, but oh my the ride will change your mind.

its mild mannered/smooth enough to please the really picky people
but pumps in enough power to get you all excited and feel dangerous! :D

kick ass setup bud :thumbup:

can you give us projected cost on the big brake upgrade (same ballpark as Vanco) and an estimate when they will be available? need better stopping power before I go for more horsepower but interested in both

Dang, would this a reasonable idea with 4.56 gearing? Considering the Jeep tops out at about 85 mph.

can you give us projected cost on the big brake upgrade (same ballpark as Vanco) and an estimate when they will be available? need better stopping power before I go for more horsepower but interested in both

Projected cost is around $1200 for a full kit which includes new Timken tapered roller unit bearings along with new early style knuckles (required for the kit).

The full kit will include:
  • 2 CNC'd and anodized caliper brackets
  • 2 Wilwood Superlite 4 piston calipers (6 piston optional)
  • 2 High quality 12” cast iron rotors
  • 2 stainless steel braided brake lines (Your choice of length)
  • Hawk HPS pads standard (others available)
  • 2 New Timken tapered roller unit bearings
  • New early style 30 Knuckles powder coated black
  • All required hardware
  • Full instructions
It may sound expensive at first but... the late model ball bearing hub unit is a weak link in the D30's design. It becomes an even bigger weak link when larger tires are thrown on as the design simply can't handle high torsional loads. Almost every Jeep we've seen has replaced this unit bearing at some point due to the wear that is incured from it's inability to sustain these loads. Chrysler even considered the unit bearing a "normal wear part" under their warranty specifications. The Boostwerks big brake kit is designed to work with the early model hub and knuckle assembly which not only adds strength and durability, but allows the customer to source their own knuckles and bearings if they choose.

The Basic kit without knuckles or hubs will be around $800. Overall a great deal for the upgrade it delivers! I'm hoping to have the kit available within a month or so. We're just waiting on our CNC's production schedule.

Have you tried the turbo manifold on a TJ?

We havn't yet. However we have several people that are interested and might be working out a deal to test one out locally.

Thanks guys,
Bryson

Back