• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heavy duty Jeep Cherokee Fender Flares V2

jdougn

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The website featuring the V2 heavy duty fender flares for the Jeep Cherokee XJ has launched!!
Napier Precision Products

Some of you on NAXJA already own a set of these flares and are giving great reviews! A lot of you have followed the development and offered ideas for these fender flares for the 4 door Jeep Cherokee XJ 97-2001 (and earlier years).
Here's the link to the development thread: Fender Flare Poll
See the last couple pages for reviews, feedback, and a video link on page 17 by zr2toxj on how awesome and heavy duty these fender flares are!!

Here's what we did to make them tougher and better:
  • Almost TWICE AS THICK as other products. Makes them super tough. I can park my Jeep on them!
  • Extend out around 3.25". Lines up great with most 10.5" - 12.5" wide tire setups. Some products extend out 5" which is a couple inches past most tire/wheel setups. Since the V2 Fender flare extends out around 3.25" it is also less likely to smash into obstacles.
  • Cut out fender flares. Increases the opening dimensions of the wheel well. (Requires removing a lot of sheet metal.) Bigger opening allows for larger tires, more articulation, and is tough looking.
  • Blends with the look of the Jeep Cherokee much better. These fender flares even look like they were made just for the Jeep Cherokee XJ!
  • Paintable. Paint to your favorite color or they can be left plain. Either way, the rigid ABS plastic is easy to take care of!
  • Helps keep you street legal

flares005-1.jpg

Napier Precision Products

Also, other product ideas are being worked on. If you have a great idea for a heavy duty plastic product let's talk!

If I wanted to replace my Bushwackers with these, would the cut out be about the same and would the BW mount holes cover with yours? If you know.

FNF

Hey FNF, The cut out for these flares is identical to Bushwacker. The V2 fender flare is a much more durable product than Bushwacker but the V2 flare does not cover the mounting holes left by Bushwackers. If the XJ had bushwackers on it before some of the mounting holes will be seen, especially around the rear wheels.

Thanks,
Doug

I have 31'sx10.5 and Im curious which is going to stick out farther.

Whether the V2 Fender Flares or your tires stick out further is based on what rims you're using. Usually, running 31's the fender flares may stick out slightly further. However, check your situation.

You can get a pretty good idea by measuring. Locate a spot on the front fender above the stock fender flare or just below the body line offset in the upper part of the front fender. You want to be straight above the axle. Measure out horizontally 3.5" and that is the maximum point for the V2 fender flare.

Click to go to larger image.

hth, Doug

Back