• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. Offroad Engineering frame stiffeners

Ordered these a while back, Brian shipped them out very quickly. Install went perfectly, felt an immediate difference driving home from the shop.

y6avyvur.jpg

Just got mine. Shipping was fast. What do you suggest for prep between plates and frame? I haven't heard to much good about weld through primer. I was thinking some self etching primer on back of plates and frame, mark where I will weld and remove primer there.. Any suggestions?

Just got mine. Shipping was fast. What do you suggest for prep between plates and frame? I haven't heard to much good about weld through primer. I was thinking some self etching primer on back of plates and frame, mark where I will weld and remove primer there.. Any suggestions?

I clean everything off the frame rails, weld the stiffies in place. Prime and paint the snot out of them. If you live in a nasty climate spray down the edges real good with undercoating.

no worry of corrosion between plates and frame?

if the welds are good and you dont strip the frame and put them on a week later or something foolish like that i'm betting the stiffeners will outlast the jeep. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as both surfaces are good and clean when you put it together.

Then, as Brian said, prime and paint the hell out of it all when you're done.

Howdy! New member here. I'm interested in this frame stiffener kit. Are they still available? What is the shipping time if I order this weekend? Thanks!

It's for my '96 XJ:

newnest2.jpg

Reviving an old thread. Brian, I cannot access your website today, but it worked earlier this week. I am in need of a full set of your frame stiffeners.

Just ordered a full set, been waiting to pull the trigger for a while. Going to cut out my rockers and weld in some 2x6 then tie them in to the stiffies.

Whats your typical delivery time Brian?

Are these available for local pickup?

I'm not far from New Albany and could use a set.

Thanks

EDIT: Just saw you're doing free shipping anyway. Ordered a set

Last edited:
Back