• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New NAXJA sponsor! Boostwerks brings you the first 4.0L turbo manifold!

Sorry man, I must have missed your PM. Unfortunetly we have decided to put the brake kit on hold due to issues with pad fade under long repetitive braking. The braking force is great, but the small pad area seems to just glaze the pads under repetetive braking. We have more testing to do with other pad compounds, but we may need to step up to a larger caliper.

Right now the real problem is time. I have a lot of other projects that are in need of finishing that I've put the project on hold. I want to make it clear though that we are not scraping the project. I simply want to be 100% in the quality and performance of my products.

Sorry man, I must have missed your PM. Unfortunetly we have decided to put the brake kit on hold due to issues with pad fade under long repetitive braking. The braking force is great, but the small pad area seems to just glaze the pads under repetetive braking. We have more testing to do with other pad compounds, but we may need to step up to a larger caliper.

Right now the real problem is time. I have a lot of other projects that are in need of finishing that I've put the project on hold. I want to make it clear though that we are not scraping the project. I simply want to be 100% in the quality and performance of my products.

Am I wrong or were you also looking at doing a Dana 44 brake kit as well?

No worries dude, thanks for the reply. Trust me I know how frustrating it can be to have no time in your life. If I had a genie with one wish, it would be to make every day 36 hours lol. We all love updates, no matter how trivial or small they may seem. Keep up the good work bro.

Am I wrong or were you also looking at doing a Dana 44 brake kit as well?

The kit would work with the TJ style 44, but not the older 44's. We don't have any plans to make an older 44 brake kit.

We do also have a rear disc kit for the 8.25 in the works. It is yet another project on my to do list that is in need of finalizing. :confused1

No worries dude, thanks for the reply. Trust me I know how frustrating it can be to have no time in your life. If I had a genie with one wish, it would be to make every day 36 hours lol. We all love updates, no matter how trivial or small they may seem. Keep up the good work bro.

No problem, and again I appologize about the missed PM. 36hr days would help a lot! I work 50hrs a week at my day job developing products for high dollar hippies (vanagons), and about 20hrs a week with my company. Hopefully one day it will be 70hrs with my company, and maybe even a few hours with my wife. lol. :)

Back