• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Jeep makes the 4wd mag. Warning, huge pics

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Look what the postman brought to me today.
4wdMonthly1.jpg

4wdMonthly2.jpg

4wdMonthly3.jpg

4wdMonthly4.jpg

4wdMonthly5.jpg

4wdMonthly6.jpg

4wdMonthly7.jpg

It will be out in the newsagents in a weeks time here and is Australia's highest selling national 4wd magazine.
A few mistakes like the intake that I bored out instead of swapping it for a later model one but not too bad over all. I gave them three pages of info but they used very little. O'well, it was their idea to put it in the magazine in the first place when they came across my web site. I had told them I didn't think my Jeep good enough. But they thought it was and sent a photographer down from another state to shoot it a little while ago.

I was bummed that they did not add that I am about to sell the front bumper too.

Last edited:
Damn, congrats......looks as if they did a real nice write up, and got some really nice photos. Especially for a guy that goes out of his way on his website to help and inform other XJ'ers.

Joe

You may not think it's good enough Marcus, but that's just owner-think; it's natural to hink the Jeep is never done. For the rest of us however, your Cherokee is an inspiration for our own modifications. Congrats on getting published!

Thanks guys and it means more coming from you in the know ;)
I noticed that my wheel and tyre size dont match up too well either. Can you imgine streatching my tyres over those rims!

Jolly good show.

more English than Aussie, but I tried.

Acknowledgement finally given where it was due. Your ideas and write-ups have helped most of us at one time or another, you sir are worthy of every page.

Congrats.

Rev

I just saw this at *eeck* JU.... but I'll leave some congrats here too!

I made a comment about different dialects of english over on ju.... I get a real kick of different sayings and uses for words. My new saying is I like to punt about with my xj!

how much shiped to 68508?

good times, its always cool to know that all the rigs in thoes magazines are really owned by people... not just custom shops and rich people...

Bravo Marcus! Getting your rig featured in a big magazine certainly has got to give a person a huge feeling of accomplishment! Great to see an XJ devotee getting his props!

I also enjoyed learning some Aussie-speak! "Kays", "Bars", "Cut and Shut", "Knocked together"..... Good stuff!

YES, congratulations, nice job even if they didn't listen to those pesky details :D

Congrats about getting into the magazine. We need more jeeps in those foreign (non-US) magazines so they don't get to conceited about their Land Rovers. ;)

The only mod I would suggest is replacing your rear dana 35 with an xj 87-89' dana 44 rear axle. That is such an easy modification and well worth the effort of unbolting your stock dana 35 and bolting the dana 44 in there. You could also use a ford 8.8 with its nice disc brakes and strong 31 spline axles shafts. In all, you have some great mods on your jeep and are an inspiration to us xj guys.
Troy

Back