• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A HUGE THANK YOU!!

.40CalPatriot

NAXJA Forum User
Goes out Troy. I can now rest assured that my engine will not fail me anytime soon. We started the engine swap around 11 AM and I finally got home about 3AM. I am head bobbing as we speak at work due to my 4 hours of sleep. Troy was very patient with me as the day went along which was helpfull during the times I was showing my newbiness. Especailly at the very end when we went to fire it up and got no spark. We worked on it for a while by swapping the CPS as well as the distributor. Finally through his sleepy eyes Troy noticed I missed a nice set of wires that needed to be grounded. We got them hooked up and went to fire it and it turned over, but died instantly. Troy reset the timing and it fired right up and has been running great ever since! Thank you again Troy you are a real saint helping me out for almost free.

Also a big thanks to Jimgrims for lunch! It was a nice break to have a nice Quiznos lunch!

And the final thank you goes to in4aride for hooking me up with the engine for dirt cheap!

Now who is ready for some trail rides!?:firedevil

Last edited:
You're welcome Justin. I imagine you learned quite a bit huh? :D

Between being THE gooey-ist oil soaked engine/trans I've ever dealt with, those slightly rounded off Torx bolts at the top of the bellhousing, the unexpected loose starter solenoid strap nut, a fuel pump relay with a mind of it's own, a burned CPS wire barely making connection, a couple of rusted/snapped bolts and the "hide and seek" ground wires the install went .........fairly smooth. :looney:

I was just happy I didn't get a call 20 minutes after you left telling me that the oil pan had been perforated by some main caps that decided to part ways with the crank........ :D

Thanks for the bottled water, lunch and tarp Jim! The tarp was a BIG help in keeping the mess contained during the swap!

Yeah I was also glad the drive home went well. It was smooth sailing all the way. I didnt even have to crank the stereo up to drown out the engine noise. Also I need to extend one more thank you to your wife for the great dinner she provided! How did she know that I :heart: Popeyes?

what i dont warrant a thanks for the stand?? :cry:

ill go on a trail ride with you, hit me up next time you go :cheers:

Goes out Troy. I can now rest assured that my engine will not fail me anytime soon. We started the engine swap around 11 AM and I finally got home about 3AM. I am head bobbing as we speak at work due to my 4 hours of sleep. Troy was very patient with me as the day went along which was helpfull during the times I was showing my newbiness. Especailly at the very end when we went to fire it up and got no spark. We worked on it for a while by swapping the CPS as well as the distributor. Finally through his sleepy eyes Troy noticed I missed a nice set of wires that needed to be grounded. We got them hooked up and went to fire it and it turned over, but died instantly. Troy reset the timing and it fired right up and has been running great ever since! Thank you again Troy you are a real saint helping me out for almost free.

Also a big thanks to Jimgrims for lunch! It was a nice break to have a nice Quiznos lunch!

And the final thank you goes to in4aride for hooking me up with the engine for dirt cheap!

Now who is ready for some trail rides!?:firedevil

YOU DA MAN TROY!!!!! :thumbup:

what i dont warrant a thanks for the stand?? :cry:

ill go on a trail ride with you, hit me up next time you go :cheers:

Dammit how did i forget you! Thanks again man. The stand was perfect for when when resealed the engine up. It was a HUGE help with the RMS replacement. You should join us saturday for the MSV/Coney Flats run.

Gratz on the engine swappy. I'm heading up spring creek this 28th and it's looking like there'll be at least 2 other naxja guys attending. You're more than welcome to come along.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=999613

Troy, you are truly a godsend and are too kind to us colorado chapter folken.

This thread reminds me that I really should pull out my transfer case and tranny and clean them up. I have a bearing in the transmission that's making a lot of noise and could do with a replacing. It's one of those projects that seem to permanently haunt the bottom of your to-do list. It really should be done, but you could lift it, put some more lights on it, replace that beaten old headliner, and finish up that box you've been meaning to work on instead...

Back