• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flat Broke's Halloween Poker Run

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I was invited to be a codriver for the Halloween Poker Run put on by Flat Broke and 4-Wheelin. Having never done a poker run at TSF I was kind of curious to check it out.

I met up with Joey (FiveNDime) in Battle Ground 0630, and we headed for TSF. After checking in, buying some raffle tickets, and dealing with a freak ground issue, we were on our way to CP1. Our buddy Josh rolled with us for the day, and offered some amps until we figured out the issue (bad ground connection).
DSCN2038.jpg

Waiting in line for CP1. Poker runs require patience, which we all quickly realized.
DSCN2039.jpg

Sand Flea's were running CP1. My dart throwing skills were embarrassing.
DSCN2041.jpg

Moving along to CP2, and onto Cedar Tree.
DSCN2049.jpg

Waiting in line at CP2. It was a pretty chill day, lots of BS'ing, and the weather was perfect.
DSCN2056.jpg

DSCN2058.jpg

This was actually a pretty fun challenge. You had to balance a tennis ball in a cup at the end of the pole, while the driver drove around a off camber cone course. The end was a 20" drop.
DSCN2059.jpg

Dropping down Dog Leg to the next CP.
DSCN2061.jpg

Hammer toss challenge.
DSCN2065.jpg

We drove by Can Opener and stopped to see who was playing on it. Wasn't surprised to find Joe from OTC spotting some friends up it. This was a sweet rear engine buggy powered by a Lexus V8.
DSCN2068.jpg

Joey and I chased some tail for a bit.
DSCN2071.jpg

Events like these bring out a pretty eclectic group.
DSCN2072.jpg

CP5 was a shooting challenge. I think it would have been more fun if it had been a 300 Win Mag, but the BB gun got us our bonus points just fine.
DSCN2076.jpg

Our buddies son, Brandon, rolled with us for the day. Brandon taking aim.
DSCN2077.jpg

We cruised back to Browns after the last check point, turned in our score sheet, loaded the Jeep, and then stuck around for the raffle. Flat Broke put on a hell of a raffle with a Stihl Chainsaw, welder, winch, light bars, and lots of other prizes. We stopped for a Red Robin burger and beer on the way home making for a great end to a day in the forest.

I wanted to go but I ended up having to work that day. What great weather that day! Ive been to that event a couple of times and its always dumped rain on us.

Looks fun. Might have to take a couple extra days off next year to head down that way...

Back