• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Thanksgiving Run 2015

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Another great trip for the NWC! Thanks to everyone who made it out.

I managed to sneak out of town Thursday afternoon.
0F73B6D3-A372-4480-8E49-12B91D19B85C.jpg

I rolled into camp around 4:00 to find Nick and Joe already there. Nightfoam rolled in shortly after, and we all began to set up camp for the night.
83B95C7E-4FD8-4111-BAE3-98BCF68D868E.jpg

Good times were had around the fire. With the low temperature being in the 20's, it was a bit chilly to say the least. It took some serious motivation to get out of my sleeping bag in the morning.

Joe, Lloyd, PaddlerNate, and Caleb rolled in Friday morning to roll with us for a day on the trails. We rolled down Highway 6 for a few miles to hit up Rogers Road on the far west end of the trail system.
DSCN2081.jpg

Perfect weather for November.
DSCN2082.jpg

Finished up Rogers Road, and continued onto FireFox. A fairly easy trail, but not one that we often get to which makes it fun every now and then.
DSCN2085.jpg

Our group for the day. Ryan was selective about which trails he took the Xterra on, but hung with us most of the day.
DSCN2086.jpg

DSCN2087.jpg

Enjoyed the sun and BS'd for a bit.
DSCN2089.jpg

Continuing on we worked our way down to Stick In the Nose.
DSCN2090.jpg

Finished up the trail, and then discovered the road leading to Jordan Creek had been taken out by a landslide.
DSCN2097.jpg

So back up the ridge side we went.
DSCN2101.jpg

Caleb making his way up the rock section.
DSCN2103.jpg

I cruised through the short sections above Rogers Road, and noticed Nick was no longer behind me after one of them. Apparently aluminum tubing doesn't fare too well against stumps.
DSCN2107.jpg

We bent it back into shape the best we could, and continued on.

After an assault back up the ridge side we hopped onto Archers, starting with the V-Notch. PaddlerNate getting it done.
DSCN2111.jpg

DSCN2115.jpg

DirtyD Dustin.
DSCN2118.jpg

Eventually we got to Waterfall. Those who wanted to give it a shot, started with the filter.
DSCN2122.jpg

No bubbles, no troubles.
DSCN2126.jpg

Joe up on the right side.
DSCN2127.jpg

DSCN2128.jpg

Lloyd following suit.
DSCN2129.jpg

Nate putting his suspension to work.
DSCN2132.jpg

Persistence pays off, and Nate powered his way up to the top.
DSCN2134.jpg

After Waterfall a few people headed back to camp, while the rest of us headed for Rocky Uphill.
DSCN2135.jpg

DSCN2136.jpg

Beautiful day, but it was still sub-freezing temperatures.
DSCN2137.jpg

DSCN2142.jpg

DSCN2143.jpg

We ran the back side of Hogs Back through the trees, and then ended our day with a run up the hill climb.
DSCN2146.jpg

Lloyd wanted to cross off a bucket list item, and proceeded to back up it. Didn't even skip a tire.
DSCN2149.jpg

So the three of us then dropped back down it, and headed for camp.
DSCN2151.jpg

Meanwhile, back at camp aluminum tie-rods were being heated in the fire. Nick actually was able to heat and bend it back to make it almost as good as new.
8DA4D1DB-5AFC-4AE4-A124-2B36B3C64122.jpg

We enjoyed some good times around the fire with everyone including StreetPirate and Opal who made arrived earlier that day.

I felt the itch for a night run coming on, and kept thinking back to Waterfall earlier in the day where the left side looked untouched. Nick and I jumped in my rig, and then Dustin hauled Dan and Scott up too for some moral support.

Once at Waterfall I made my way through the filter again, and then proceeded to drive up the left side ledges, execute a U-turn, drop down them, come back up the right side, drop back down, and then for a final time climb back up the left. I was a happy camper. For giggles, we then checked out the obstacle after Waterfall where I tried at the right side for a bit, but couldn't get a line to stick. Next time.

Next morning Nick, Ryan, Dustin, and I headed for Shell to top off.
32F7E07B-EBBB-46F8-97ED-FC07654BE25B.jpg

With just the four of us, we had a pretty relaxing day on the trails. Started by rallying up Hood Raiser.
DSCN2153.jpg

POS.
DSCN2155.jpg

Ryan and Nick bringing up the tail.
DSCN2160.jpg

Hogs Back.
DSCN2163.jpg

DSCN2165.jpg

Ryan three wheeling the Nissan up it.
DSCN2168.jpg

Nick in the Ticker GayJ.
DSCN2169.jpg

Heading up the moderate side of 7-Up.
DSCN2171.jpg

Little bit of snow at the top.
DSCN2180.jpg

Scouted the back side of 7-Up, but none of us had a death wish that day.
DSCN2185.jpg

We hit up Dog Leg, and then onto Saddle Up. Nick and I ran the first difficult section. Trail looked like it was in good shape.
DSCN2186.jpg

DSCN2189.jpg

Hank Williams Jr riding around with Nick.
DSCN2190.jpg

Saddle Up, second section.
DSCN2193.jpg

After Saddle Up we had some lunch above Crushers and enjoyed the the awesome day for a bit.
79B466BB-FA09-44A7-AD53-1D7B231BAB9D.jpg

There were a couple rigs in the upper loop, and after they cleared out I decided to head on in. The entrance was pretty dug out, and the snow wasn't helping. After bouncing off a few trees I called in Warn.
DSCN2199.jpg

Once past the entrance, it was smooth sailing.
DSCN2201.jpg

1F7C01D7-E730-4818-AD88-69948B066510.jpg

DSCN2219.jpg

Thanks to Nick for snapping some pics.
DSCN2247.jpg

After exiting, we headed down the top section of FB5.
DSCN2258.jpg

DSCN2261.jpg

Making our way back across the Powerline trail.
DSCN2264.jpg

We swung by Horse Camp for a quick pit stop to shed some weight. Played Ax Men on the way out, and cleared a downed tree from one of the roads. Stocked up on fire wood, and enjoyed the fire the rest of the evening.
BB2A520C-4C69-4AA0-BA3F-E41E024500F3.jpg

Really chill trip, great group of people, and some good wheeling to top it off!

Had an absolute blast! Great trip and look forward to more runs! Tried to share pictures but can not seem to get them to work..i'll keep working on it

Cheers!
Dustin "DirtyD" Daniels

Last edited:
Back