• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My D44 is finally here and locker question (kinda long)

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got my D44 and going to install it this weekend I think. I had a heck of a time getting it First the place sent me a D35 which pissed me off then they said I would have to pay more for a D44 I don't think so. So they finally sent me the D44 and for $100 I can keep the D35 also. I just don't know if I want it or not. Also what experience has anyone had with OX lockers. I like the look and functionality of them. I know I should go with ARB but this is not the time yet also I like cables and have bad luck with vaccume and air lines. Thanks
Is anyone running a full spool in the rear of a DD how does it do thanks.

Ox is here today, gone tomorrow. ARB has over 25 years in business. OX is way more expensive, especially if you plumb your own air system for ARBs. As long as ARBs are installed by a qualified and approved shop, you should be fine. Call ARB and ask for their authorized shops in your area. ARB's customer and tech support is great.
Now, having said all that, I am running OX in my rear dana 44. It wouldn't have been my choice, but the XJ came with it when I bought it. So far I haven't had any major problems. I've had a question for OXTrax though, but haven't been able to get ahold of anyone there who would be able to answer it.
I ran ARBs front a rear in my old YJ and have been very happy with them.

Full Detriot's are also nice.
I have one in my 44, and it has never bothered me any.
Cheaper to boot compared to ARB's or the OX.

I run a full spool in my (44) DD. I've got approx 20k on it so far with NO complaints. It wears the rear mud tires a bit worse than an open diff did (especially if I let the pressure get slack...) but for 'positive' off-road traction IMHO there is nothing better for the $ unless ya weld up an open diff.

That said, my other XJ will get a True-Trac front & rear (it's a 242 t-case and won't see any trails beyond 'mild')

IMHO there is nothing to fear from a spool/welded in a DD

Woody

I am thinking full spool rear and a lock right or power trax or welded in the front with 33" tires and either 4.10 or 4.56 gears. any opinions on this set up good or bad. I like the full spool for the price and reliability factor and I am thinking about welding as another option and my shift motor on the D30 as a axle disconnect it would work just like open from my understanding. Or am I way off course?:)
DIG IT

Back