• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails

xj4moab

NAXJA Forum User
Here is a list of the trails we would also like to start taking volunteers for trail leaders Please PM me XJ4moab
I will have a sheet will all of the meeting locations at the registration desk if you would like I can also E-mail it to you in a excel file

Tuesday, October 4th
E=Tusher Tunnel/Wipeout Hill + Bartlett Wash (seanR)
M=Steel Bender ()
H=Behind the Rocks (Danno)
H=Flat Iron Mesa (Rock Yacht)

Wednesday, October 5th
E=Top of the world (seanR)
M=Hell's Revenge (BLM Fee Area) (Rock Yacht)
H=Rose Garden Hill (GSequoia)
H=Moab Rim (XJ4Moab)

Wednesday night BBQ is at 6:30pm at Slickrock CG

Thursday, October 6th
E/M=Fins and Things (BLM Fee Area) (xjnation Ali)
D=Kane Creek (Handlebars) Departure time will be 8:00AM
M=Poison Spider Mesa (optional Hard obstacles) (logDog)
H=Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike (Rock Yacht)

Friday, October 7th
E/M= Seven Mile Rim (Zion Trail Rider)
M=Hells Revenge (BLM Fee Area) (logDog)
H=Metal Masher (Danno)
H=Cliffhanger (XJEEPER)

NAXJA Awards Dinner and Raffle Friday dinner is at 6:00 pm at New Senior Center 182 North/500 West

Saturday, October 8th
E=Shafer Trail (xjblue)
M= Kane Creek (Zion Trail Rider)
M= Poison Spider Mesa (optional Hard obstacles) (DeadEyeJ)
H= Moab Rim (Goatman)
D=PritchettCanyon (DrMoab is a maybe)

Trail Rating System:

E=EASY: stock XJ with minimum modifications.

M=MODERATE: vehicles with moderate modifications such as 3"+ lift, 30"+ tires, some skid protection.

H=HARD: minimum 3.5"+ lift, minimum 31" tires, skid protection, and traction aid at least in 1 differential, experienced 4x4 driver willing to accept body damage.

D=DIFFICULT: No...Really. minimum 4.5"+ lift, minimum 32" tires, minimum mandatory one locker or two working limited slip diffs, body armor, tools to fix your rig and the knowledge to make the repairs, spare parts, willing to accept probable body damage and spend a long day on the trail with your family.

Last edited:
xj4moab said:
D=DIFFICULT: No...Really. minimum 4.5"+ lift, minimum 32" tires, minimum mandatory one locker or two working limited slip diffs, body armor, tools to fix your rig and the knowledge to make the repairs, spare parts, willing to accept probable body damage and spend a long day on the trail with your family.

sounds fun :D

Rock Yacht said:
What about Monday??? :)

Let us know if we can help in any capacity.

Bob
MOnday is not a part of the event, but I have a very strong feeling that if you swing by SLickrock there will be a trail run going on :D

more like stumble out! :laugh3:
actually there will be quite a few of us that will be arriving on Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately I have to fly in so am going to have to rent a lifted and locked Rubicon. Drat! :wierd:

So, is the construction project on Cliffhanger finished? Is the trail back to normal?

Goatman said:
So, is the construction project on Cliffhanger finished? Is the trail back to normal?
Its not back to the condition it was before they started but its getting better and better all the time. Basically they way it was in the spring is you could drive it in a stocker if you stayed on the sand they dumped but most of the harder obstacles were still there. The sand is eroding all the time though...

Rock Yacht said:
What about Monday??? :)
Bob

I will be down there Friday night (30th), and be running trails all weekend and Monday with some friends, so feel free to look us up, We are staying at the Moab Rim Campark. 1900 South Hwy 191 - Moab.

Anybody want to run Cliffhanger in the afternoon/evening the week of the Fling? I wanted to run Metal Masher on Friday, which is the same day as Cliffhanger.

Greg M.

DrMoab said:
Figures Mr XJ4Moab...the one guy who you talk to on a daily basis and you don't even have me down for my trail....GOOD JOB DUDE!
:D

We'll Ill be coming down, friday afternoon at latest, maybe sooner if work works out. Im pretty sure I can handle poison spyder again (lol) if you want me to lead that one on saturday. Since noones called or comeby to say hi (dan, ryan, jeremy, cody) I havnt heard much. If I register Ill do it in person on site.

Brian

Badcop said:
Im pretty sure I can handle poison spyder again (lol) if you want me to lead that one on saturday.
:scared: Thanks goodness I'm doing the Moab Mall run that day!!!

Kejtar said:
I guess the moto for the run will be: do not follow his line while going downhill? ;)

yah, somethin like that...lol Just watch if I start getting right again, stay left, if I start screaming GRAB ME! GRAB ME! GRAB ME! Please do.....

Back