• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

southbay steel supply?

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I'm trying to find a steel supply house open saturday in the southbay or really anywhere on the peninsula..

Are there any? I guess I took it for granted that this place would be civilized. :)

Sims metal. They're only open til 12 though on Saturdays. And they don't carry round tube. Also they only have 1/8" or 1/4" .. rarely you can find some scrap of 3/16" and they're flat bar comes in 6" or 12" and is sold by the foot.

They have a **** ton of scrap pieces they'll cut to length and is sold by weight. Think about 60 cents a lb.

For what I was doing today that might have worked out. I ended up buying some angle iron and flat stock at home depot to cludge together some brackets. After this next series of trips i'll probably send them off to a friends shop to be re-done in less craptastic fashion. :)

pricey is all relative i suppose. $15 instead of $7 is twice as much, but still not a big deal. ;)

Back