• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Breather pipes

TobyH

NAXJA Forum User
Morning all,

I've got a '98 XJ 2.5 TurboDiesel Manual. I'm in the process of making it a bit more water friendly, I've extended the diff and transfer case breather pipes but can't find the gearbox breather, can anyone help?

I know the water is getting in somewhere after draining out milky sludge after the last time I went wading!!! Don't really want to do that again...

Stick or Auto?
I've got a '98 XJ 2.5 TurboDiesel Manual
It should be on top of it on the pass side IIRC. But it could be a totally different tranny than what my buddy had

It's a Stick (manual) box, same as the one in the 2.5 Petrol.

I've had a good feel (fnar fnar) but can't find a hose at all. I've seen the TJ Auto box and that has just got a breather valve sticking out of the top, but I'm fairly sure mine doesn't have that. Going to have another look shortly, but could really do with some help as the rain here is getting quite bad and we've had calls from friends wives saying the water is 1" from the back door!!!

Back