• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Members in Hawaii?

David_Bricker

PSR Fire Marshall
NAXJA Member
This is a bit late, as we're already here, but wondering if we have anyone that lives on the Big Island, Oahu or Lanai?

We are currently on the Big Island, and have a 4wd (XTerra). We went to South Point yesterday and the rig did decent enough on the dirt. Just wondering if anyone was around that could give us some recommendations on other beaches that need a bit of 4wd to get to, since we don't always get lucky with our rental selection.

Tuesday, we go to Oahu, won't have a rental, but could get one if there is something worthwhile to run. Then later we are going to Lanai for a couple of days, and will rent a Jeep if it is worth it to do so.

David Bricker / SYR

Thanks, Tone (and Carol). We found a nice road to a beach today. The guide book said "nasty 4wd road that the rental Jeeps can't make". Perfect, exactly what I'm looking for. Well, we made it, and didn't even break anything. Except maybe for that scarred mudflap. But, they shouldn't have made them so low!

There was one XJ at the end of the road - about 4" lift, drop brackets on the control arms, pretty stock otherwise. Didn't see the owner, so didn't get a change to talk with them. Another stock XJ as well. It was pretty busy, since this is a holiday weekend. But the beach was nice, and there was plenty of open space.

David Bricker / SYR

I left You a response at BF. They just had a run on BI, but it is Fishing Tourney Season. And everything stops. There are members on the other islands, and if they have their bait already, You may hear from someone. Have Fun.

Thanks, Paul. I saw your response - didn't realize it was you for sure.

We had fun this week; will considering renting a Jeep for a day on Lanai.

David Bricker / SYR

Hey David, you have 3 years to find wheeling buddies. I plan on wheeling when we visit you! Note to self, pay the insurance on rental.

Back