• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Credit Card Fraud

I use gas cards when I can. If a gas station has a "rewards" program or credit card and I visit them enough I typically have it. With Shell for example I everytime I fill up I get 10 cents off per gallon because I use their gas card and am part of their Fuel Rewards program. I buy my teas and cokes and what not in there as well. Every 4th fillup I get an extra 5 cents off and every once in a while I'll get 25 cents off per gallon.

At Shells and Phillips 66s I "pay" from my phone while I sit in my Jeep then get out and just take the nozzle and fill up. Don't even need to touch the pumps or swipe a card. Everything is handled remotely.

Phillips 66 also has a good rewards program I think I've saved 15 cents a gallon everytime I've filled up there.

I make sure to pay the card balances every payday.

I've had my Chevron Card skimmed once before and Chevron canceled the card immediately refunded the money into my account and I had a new card in my possession in less than 5 days.

Had my bank card skimmed more than once and same thing but since I have a branch local I was able to cancel the card, get refunded and had a new card in less than 30 minutes.

I think the resources needed to catch these folks probably outstrips the money that would be saved which is probably why there's so little effort made by banks or law enforcement to catch any but the most gross offenders.

Back