• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rough runner

Tom Campbell

NAXJA Forum User
hmm where to begin... wel recently My engine has been doing an alrming vibration. Sometimes when im idling or now always when accelerating under throttle, i get some really bad vibrations. Its nothing mechanical like suspension, tires or drive shaft. i just changed my motor mounts (driver side was frazzled) no change. ( i do have poly but the vibes were never bad for the last few years i had them in.) i suspect a fuel problem as i do have two codes from the OBD2. (I have that eqques reader) Anyhow i am readign a fuel sencor high voltage (actually its been like that for awhile) and now im reading a fuel relay circuit malfunction (not exact words). Anywyas. i have no idea where to start but here is what i want to check, flywheel, rotor, plugs, And have the fuel pump, tank, and injectors checked out. any more ideas? Anyone have this paticular problem? I dont think its a tp sensor or the liek cause i think that would have thrown a code. I just dont have the power i should anymore either. my engine revs high but just cant seem to plant it. there are no audible noises of any kind being emitted nor are there any noxious smells. just the sever vibration. would a bad feul pump do that? cause it to be ok one minute, ba dthe next? i thought that would be a part that eiehter worked or didnt. It almost feels lile the few times i have run out of gas and it bucks. just this time it keeps running.
:confused:
i have always said id rather have a part fail than have to chase it down. (except for brakes and steering of course)
thanks for any help.

Update

Well being short on time I hadnt gotten around to finding a fix. Took it to a shop and they checked some things and tried to blame the lift. They copped out because it was doing it while idling. Anyways they said it was fine running wise.

Yeah right anyhow I was pushing it about a wekk after that yesterday and was just pulling off the turnpike when bam sounded like the tranny blew out or something. I payed toll and pulled off.

Popped the hood and the fan shroud was destoyed, and the fan was just sitting there oddly. Well it turns out the fan clutch dumped its bearings. Ill post pics when I get time. Also it ripped the coolant overflow hose off but didnt tear it at all. Radiator is good too thank goodness.

So I need a new fan, clutch, shroud, and the bracket where the pulley sits on as that has some major play. I pulled the fan clutch and belt and started it up and it raan with no vibes. So I gues sits ok. I can't believe it made it vibrate the whole jeep like that.

Well anything else I should check? could that have hurt any of the other pulleys?
Thanks and hope this is a benefit to anyone who gets a mysterious vibe.

Back