• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock River Arms....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Anyone have any experience with there ar's? anyone own anything by them or know if they are decent weapons?

Ghost said:
Anyone have any experience with there ar's? anyone own anything by them or know if they are decent weapons?
Slider has one.

I have shot it several times and know without a doubt that when I buy my next AR it will be a Rock River.

Also, my brother is the firearms Sgt for a local PD here. He just bought 30 of them for the dept. Every officer carries one. He owns several AR's personally and after buying his last Rock River he knew thats what the Dept should have. HTH.

awesome platform, A friend of mine is guilty of getting the dea to order a few thousand. Hvae bought and sold a lot of these and they are great pieces.

kool ty.

i've got a rra ar pistol. i would own another one.

my rock river is the latest AR i've owned. i love it! i've had 3 other bushmasters and the would highly recomend the rock river over the bushmaster. the upper and lower fit tighter on the rock river than any of the bushmasters did with the accu-wedge. you don't need an accu-wedge with the rock river, and the trigger is awsome for an AR. it is now the gun that goes pretty much everywhere i do.

as far as the caliber.... i've got the m-14 for backup. :D

I picked mine up about 3 years ago. Shoots well. Always goes to the range with me. Definitely one of my favorites. I don't even clean it that much.
DSC00207.jpg

If I had a complaint it would be purely aesthetic. Just me being a picky bitch! Mine has the flat top reciever and the removable sight base. The removable sights have alot of tooling/machining marks on it, but it wasn't bad enough to keep me from buying it. I thought you could see it in the picture, but it's hard to tell.

And now it doesn't matter. I took it off and replace it with an EOTech sight anyway.

5-90 said:
Match the RRA lower to an Alexander Arms upper in .50 Beowulf, perhaps? Or .458 SOCOM? I've shot both - they're fun.

Was thinking more along the lines of 6.8mm SPC. :D .458 SOCOM is an acceptable answer though. :D

I was going to get it in standard .223 since I'm looking for an M14 for the .308... Not familure with those rounds guys, but coming from you two I'm sure they are fun. :)

Ghost said:
I was going to get it in standard .223 since I'm looking for an M14 for the .308... Not familure with those rounds guys, but coming from you two I'm sure they are fun. :)

Try your Google-Fu. I'm sure Alexander Arms handles the .50 Beo - I don't recall who does the .458. But yes, they're both fun!

Advantage to an AR? Once you have the lower built, you can get uppers in various calibres without going through an FFL. ATF considers the machined lower receiver half to be the "firearm" - so that's the part that's controlled. You can get barrelled uppers all day long without any trouble - until another Democrat gets elected, I think...

Uppers can be had in 9m/m, .45ACP, .50AE, 7.62x39, .458 SOCOM, .50 Beowulf, .300 Whisper - and pretty much anything else with no (or rebated) rim and an overall loaded length of 2.25" or less.

5-90 said:
Uppers can be had in 9m/m, .45ACP, .50AE, 7.62x39, .458 SOCOM, .50 Beowulf, .300 Whisper - and pretty much anything else with no (or rebated) rim and an overall loaded length of 2.25" or less.

My favorite pistol-carbine upper was a 10mm... WOW at 100yds...

:)

Yea I googled those different rounds. Would be neat to test them out though. Not going to hapen arround here though.

ECKSJAY said:
My favorite pistol-carbine upper was a 10mm... WOW at 100yds...

:)

You're up in WA, and WA allows private ownership of suppressors, right? Get a suppressed .300 Whisper upper if you want to have some real fun - it's a tackdriver out to about 200 yards.

The .300 whisper is based on either a .221 Fireball or .223 case (I don't recall which offhand,) blown out to take a .30 calibre lightweight pill. Load it to about 1000-1050fps, just barely subsonic.

5-90 said:
You're up in WA, and WA allows private ownership of suppressors, right? Get a suppressed .300 Whisper upper if you want to have some real fun - it's a tackdriver out to about 200 yards.

The .300 whisper is based on either a .221 Fireball or .223 case (I don't recall which offhand,) blown out to take a .30 calibre lightweight pill. Load it to about 1000-1050fps, just barely subsonic.

Last I checked in WA we could purchase, own, and affix...but could not 'fire' with one attached. :rolleyes:

I've been looking hard at the .50 Beowulf. As soon as I can get a good price on a lower I think I will be oredering it. Looks like a thumper to me and I'm pretty sure you can use the standard 30rd .223 magazines with just slight modification.

Back