• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Geo Stash and 4WDandSUV mag

XJ Eric

NAXJA Forum User
I've just bought the may edition of 4wdandSUV magazine for the first time and happened across their Geo Stash contest. Looks really fun, hell I'm really liking this mag, but anyway, I can't for the life of me figure out where the heck the coordinates are in the pages! I know may's proze has already been found but I still can't find the coords! Hey maybe we should help each other out and if next month the proze isn't located anywhere near you, you could post up and let the rest of know where it is. If I had known about this earlier then I might have been able to get to the one that was in New Mexico! The guy that got that one lived in Tulsa, OK and I'm almost 5 or 6 hours closer to NM than he was. What y'all think?

For that particular issue, the first coordinate is located on one of the pages detailing the white 98 that DPG built up. Top right corner of a left hand page. The second coordinate is located on another left hand page, towards the bottom. The page is towards the back where they are talking about wheels. IIRC it's in the beadlock section. My mag is at work so I don't know page #'s. IIRC there are 2 that have not yet been found. One is located up north of the IN border with MI. The most recent one is located in Souther CA. Too far for me. If it comes to CO...forget it...it's mine. :flipoff:

Gimme a sec Brett. I gotta figure out which mag has the coordinates for the stash up your way. I just found the 2 issues that haven't been discovered yet (as of print date). Wouldn't ya know it....they were on the back of the terlet.

OK...your coordinates are:

N41 56.79
W84 58.59

Looks like from Fort Wayne, you take 69 north all the way to Coldwater.
Exit at what looks like route 12 and head west to North Michigan Avenue and proceed North. It's somewhere up that way and East. Stash should be somewhere in the middle of N Michigan Ave. and 69. Are you really gonna go? I'm jealous.

-river

I'm not sure but those coordinates are from the June issue. They always list whether each issue has been found. That particular one had not been found at the time of publication.

You are looking for a metal plate (approximately the size of a license plate). It will be lazer cut to say Four Wheel Drive and SUV magazine.

That's all the info. you're gonna get out of the magazine. They just cover all the rules and where the coordinates will be in each issue. Damn it!! I wish I was closer to the midwest now. Blast.

No way!!!!! That's it dude. The gift you will get if you find the stash is 4 BDS shocks. Get the lead out. (BDS 9500 gas shocks).

Whoa. Don't load up just yet. I just checked their site and this guy found it.

w0hkkm.jpg

Couple weeks ago and you'd have been MONEY with that setup. I feel so cheated. Perhaps we should ban together as an organization and conquer the next set of coordinates? If it heads this way....I'll take two days off work and road trip it.

Hey...is it me or would you be a tad upset with that pic being on the web? Looks like he shat himself.

riverfever said:
For that particular issue, the first coordinate is located on one of the pages detailing the white 98 that DPG built up. Top right corner of a left hand page. The second coordinate is located on another left hand page, towards the bottom. The page is towards the back where they are talking about wheels. IIRC it's in the beadlock section. My mag is at work so I don't know page #'s. IIRC there are 2 that have not yet been found. One is located up north of the IN border with MI. The most recent one is located in Souther CA. Too far for me. If it comes to CO...forget it...it's mine. :flipoff:

Where are the coords for CA?

Coordinates for CA are:

W116 32.971
N34 15.468

Near Joshua Tree

From Yucca Valley you head north on 247
Turn left on New Dixie Mine Rd.
This one looks like it would be fun to look for. Follow New Dixie Mine Rd. for a while. You will eventually take a left on what looks to be an un named, dead end road. The waypoint is at the end. I want one of the shocks if you find the stash. :viking:

Looks to be 125ish miles from Fullerton.

I'll do ya one better:
Follow New Dixie Mine Rd for 4.77 miles.
Turn left on unknown road and follow that for a shade over 3.11 miles.
Look to turn left again on another unknown road and follow that for about half a mile.
It looks like the waypoint is about 120 feet due south of the road.

Last edited:
Geo Stash? GEO Flex??

668979629_l.jpg

Thanks for the letting my kid use your pic, John! :)

Back