• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toyota 8 inch?

jjchgo

NAXJA Forum User
i remember someone trying one of these under their xj but never heard any results. has anyone else tried running one of these under a xj and what was the results.

cheers,

jj

These are very good axles. The results are as good as the installer.

If you wanted to stay with a 5 on 4.5" pattern, you'de want to find a pre-1995 two wheel drive, V-6 housing, and then stuff an E-locker third member into it. The housing will need some modding to accept the third member. The guy I did the work for posted an article and some pics here.

CRASH

I have one sitting on the side of my house as we speak (or type ;)) and I think I'll probably drop it under my truck today. It's a great axle but there are a few things to consider:

6 lug (I'm swapping a Waggy D44 also)
1.5" narrower (it'll still be the same width as my D35 with the backspacing I'm doing on the wheels)
Metric brakelines (I'm reflaring the lines after trying for several hours to find adapters)
Toyota u-joint for driveshaft (I bought a flange for a 1310 joint from High Angle Driveline)
e-brake cables (I haven't figured this one out yet, but it shouldn't be too hard)
3" U-bolts and plates
and then of course your typical moving the spring perches and adding shockmounts...

sounds good. please keep us posted on how this turns out.

cheers,

jj

Back