• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Go Fast Springs?

HunterDude89

NAXJA Forum User
I've done some research and have seen a few older threads with guys saying that Deavers or custom leaf packs are the only way to go for a Jeepspeed/Prerunner build. And I've read a lot of mixed opinions on front coils too. But its been a few years and there are some more spring options out there. Does anyone have any recommendations on a more budget coil and leaf spring for a Prerunner build? I've seen Rusty's makes a Jeepspeed leaf pack, OME makes a nice set of leaf springs (any good for go fast?), RE makes really affordable springs (but I've read their quality is bad now?), Clayton makes springs too. My build is geared towards a Jeepspeed/Prerunner, but on a budget as much as I can. Any help or input would be awesome! :laugh3:

All springs sag.
oem is best quality. that's why people are building bastard packs and using stock springs with better luck.

If you want to go fast I suggest deaver coils and leafs plus many other things

I do know they are the best options, but definitely not the cheapest. Maybe I'll just go for the Deaver Coils for now and get my front end setup right. Save up for some Deaver leaf packs, maybe I'll come a cross a good alternative to get my rear end done sooner and more on a budget. :roll:

I do know they are the best options, but definitely not the cheapest. Maybe I'll just go for the Deaver Coils for now and get my front end setup right. Save up for some Deaver leaf packs, maybe I'll come a cross a good alternative to get my rear end done sooner and more on a budget. :roll:

You can do a lot with "decent" springs, shocks and bump stops. Maybe consider tuned shocks from Accutune Offroad

I've tried a BUNCH of springs.

If you want to go fast, buy deaver. There are other options out there, but they are just as much money and not as good, or less money and are trash.

If you show up with cash in your hand and ask nice you can sometimes get a better price

Whomever said people are building bastard packs 'with better luck' is so full of it his eyes are brown. ;)

If you want to go fast, buy deaver. There are other options out there, but they are just as much money and not as good, or less money and are trash.

If you show up with cash in your hand and ask nice you can sometimes get a better price

Whomever said people are building bastard packs 'with better luck' is so full of it his eyes are brown. ;)

Haha! Thanks for the input! I'm gonna go with Deaver coils for sure and save up for a set of leafs too. I kind of knew all along thats the answer I was going to get, but I just wanted to be sure. :yap:

including PAC?

Back