• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nitro Gear/Axle

John__505

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, this is a year in the making. Last year I twisted the spline of a Nitro D30 Chromoly inner shaft to the point I had to hammer the shaft out. Lucky I did not break the locker.
So I called the company and told them what was wrong and the response was, ""The shaft must be broken and that a twisted shaft is not a problem""
Now please somebody tell me how I am to reuse a shaft that I will have to hammer back in and might do more damage. I also have spoken to a couple dealers who deal with the company and they were told the same thing. That Nitro will not do anything for it.
To make matters worse. I know another poor soul who is going through the same deal with the same shaft with the same response. No can help you.

Well I spoke in person with a couple other MAJOR companies and showed them pic's of the shaft, What they said is they should replace it. That would be their company policy. Twisted Shaft, Replace. Broken Shaft, Replace.
Not Nitro. You twist it, Tough.

Well I wanted to let everyone know about this Company and how they DO NOT take care of customers. And if you deal with them. Good luck since you will need it.

Not saying Nitro is wrong or right but that is spelled out right in their warranty online. On these warranties you need to read all the fine print prior to ordering. A few companies have a max tire size depending on the axle and its typically way below the normal size. So these other companies that have been telling you they would replace it may replace it because its twisted but if the tire size they warranty up to isn't what you are running then they could deny the claim for that reason.

I find that the best way to deal with this is to have the dealer you bought the axles from handle it for you. They typically have a relationship with these companies and sometimes have a little more pull. Not saying it will or won't work in this case but its worth a try.

Dave, thank you for your response, and to let you know I have spoken with the company the supplied the axles. And yes they are a sponsor of this board. They have said the same thing. Sorry but we cannot help.

So if it is this way. Then I advise all to make sure to talk to the companies that you are thinking of dealing with and get it in writing that they will fix it. And if the small print is crap. Go with another company.

Thank you again Dave for your help.

Actually, most axle manufacturers won't warranty a shaft for twisted splines. Nitro is included in this list, but in your case, a dealer could most likely get it fixed for you. I have an awesome relationship with my suppliers and usually when I call for a warranty claim, they fix it. But twisted splines are a gray area of damage. But like I said, in a situation where its twisted so bad that it won't even go back in, that should be a no brainer. However, I'm a shop owner & I buy tons of parts from my suppliers so when i need something done they usually try to make it right. It's wrong if them, but still a lot easier for them to tell an individual to piss off bc they look at it like you may never buy anything else from them anyway. Bad business practice bc its gets them a thread online bashing them, but it does happen unfortunately.

Who did you buy the shafts from if you don't mind me asking?

Back