• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993 XJ, trail ready.

Carpenter

NAXJA Forum User
Basics:

1993 Jeep Cherokee sport, dark green, 5-speed, cold AC, power windows and locks, cruise, cloth seats.
Front axle:

High pinion Dana 30, 4.56 Spicer gears, Detroit locker, ’00 TJ axle shafts with X-760 joints spot welded in place. Lower control arm mounts have been boxed with 1/8” steel and the front cover has a diff guard.

Steering:

Custom over the knuckle setup using ¾ ton TRE’s and 1.25” DOM tubing. Heavy duty steering box brace, power steering cooler. No wandering, wobble, or bumpsteer.

Brakes:

Stainless steel braided brakelines all around. Master cylinder and booster have been upgraded to '96 components for the dual diaphram booster. Rear brakes are disks from a ZJ with cross-drilled rotors. All four calipers and all rotors are less than one year old.

Front suspension:

6.5” Rockkrawler coils, Clayton’s longarm kit, Rusty’s HD trackbar bracket, JKS WJ trackbar, Old Man Emu shocks, limiting straps on either shock as well as over the center of the axle. Entire axle was rebuilt when it was regeared 1.5 years ago.

Engine:

Air tube with K&N cone filter, throttle body spacer, new exhaust manifold, over-sized exhaust with "cherry bomb" muffler.

Transmission:

Stock AX-15.

Transfer case:

Stock 231 with Tom Wood’s SYE/CV driveshaft.

Rear axle:

29-spline Chrysler 8.25, 4.56 Yukon gears, Powertrax No-slip locker. The rear shock mounts have been moved up flush with the bottom of the axle tubes, 3/16" of material has been ground off the bottom of the housing for added clearance, and the rear cover has a diff guard. Entire axle was rebuilt when it was regeared 1.5 years ago.

Rear suspension:

Rubicon Express 4.5” leaf springs (RE1642), Daystar 1.5” lift shackles, custom machined 3 degree shim with offset center pin that moves the rear axle back 5/8”, DPG Off Road adjustable bumpstop plates, Old Man Emu shocks.

Wheels and tires:

34X12.50 Interco Super Swamper Trxus tires on 15X8, 32-bolt Allied beadlocks with 4.25” backspacing.

Body Armor:

Custom-built front bumper with winch tray. The Jeep will come with a Warm M8000 winch. Custom-built wrap-around rear bumper with integrated CB antennae mount. Custom-built square rock sliders. Front and rear reciever hitches. Reinforced Mopar gas tank skid.

Body:

Front fenders have been trimmed level with the front turn signals. The rear quarter panels have been removed, the wrap around bumper fills in where the quarter panels once were. Stock fender flares are in place but have been lightly trimmed to fit the tires. The body is somewhat rough, the paint is oxidized in spots and there are several trail scars on either side of the Jeep. This Jeep has been trail riden and it shows. The Jeep also has a Yakima roof rack with bike rack and fairing.

Lighting:

IPF replacement headlight housings with "majic" bulbs, ARB headlight HD wiring harness, rock lights on the underbody.

Interior:

The interior is in good shape. There are faint stains but nothing out of the ordinary, no tears in the seats. Everything works as far as the AC, windows and locks. The Jeep has a Kenwood in dash CD player, 10 disk CD changer, Kenwood amp, and 8” Bazooka bass tube. The Jeep also has a custom-built 6-point roll cage with harness bar and dash bar. The cage doesn’t interfere with any of the interior functions.

Spares:

The Jeep will come with two sets of spare axle shafts for either side of the front axle and three axle shafts for the rear axle. It will also come with spare front and rear driveshafts, spare yokes f/r, spare belts and hoses, and one spare front hub.

This is a very capable, well proven Jeep. It can run just about any 4-rated trail you through at it and has run several 5-rated trails although the winch has been used on some occasions. It has run every trail in Tellico and most of the trails in Monteagle, TN. It kept up with the Peterson’s Ultimate Adventure crew for part of this year's ride. It is very well mannered on the street; I daily drive it and have driven it to many trails that were 4+ hours away. I’m just ready to move on to something else and I need to get rid of it. The Jeep has 240,000 miles but is strong as it can be and uses very little oil. The bottom end of the engine was gone through less than a year ago and the tranny was gone though two years ago. Mechanically, this Jeep is VERY sound.

The Jeep is located in Nashville, TN. I will be more than happy to show it to anyone interested. I'm willing to travel to meet serious parties. I'll have it in Windrock August 22-24 for some trail riding if anyone wants to see the Jeep in action.

I will post a few pictures but those who are interested e-mail me at [email protected] and I can get any picture of it that you might want. Make me a REASONABLE offer. Thanks for the interest.

Wes

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

If it helps persuade anyone, all parts listed below are at most one year old. Most are only a few months old.

Trackbar
Shocks
Beadlocks
Tires
All brakes, including calipers
Cage
Springs f/r
Front axle shafts are brand new, tommorow will be there first trip
Brakelines
Bumpstops
Steering
Limiting straps