• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Change Brakes system to a Wagoneer Limited

xenogears

NAXJA Forum User
Hi alls, I like to know if possible to change Wagoneer brake system with a 97 XJ brake system, i have the Master cilynder with the combination valve from the 97XJ, and i want to know if with power brake booster from the 97XJ can make the change, and if possible what are the positive things about the change.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

There is a write up about using the later model power booster and master cylinder on www.madxj.com.

Before you do that make sure your rear shoes are adjusted right. I had mine adjusted out while I had the brake fluid changed a couple weeks ago, it did make a difference in stopping distance.

Sí, es posible hacer lo que usted pregunta. En general todo despide debe cerrar en directamente, pero porque el '88 XJs, inclusive el Wagoneer, usó una combinación de pernos roscados métricos y SAE (inglés), son posible que usted necesitará los adaptadores en el cilíndro magistral nuevo o en la combinación/válvula de proporcion.

La ventaja es que el '97 booster de freno es un booster de 2 etapas que proporciona más ayuda del poder con la misma cantidad de la presión en el pedal. Las personas que ha realizado esta conversión estan satisfecha muy consigo.

Lea el artículo se refirió a en el www. madxj. com -- si usted tiene las preguntas después que esto, por favor los anuncia y trataremos de contestarlos para usted.

Back