• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Revised trail list

GRNT

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The list is filling with the leaders. There are still a few trails that need leaders. If anyone knows Poison Spider that can lead on Thursday or anyone that wants to lead the Moab Rim trail.FALL FLING 2002
MOAB, UTAH
TRAIL LIST FOR
OCTOBER 9-12

E= EASY; stock vehicles with minimum modifications
M=MODERATE; vehicles with moderate modifications. ie. 3”+ lift, 30”+ tires, some skid protection
H=HARD; minimum 3.5”+ lift, minimum 31” tires, skid protection, and traction aid at least in one differential, experienced driver in 4 wheeling, willing to take body damage.
D=VERY DIFFICULT; minimum 4.5”+ lift, minimum 32” tires, minimum mandatory one locker or two well working limited slips, tools, spare parts and knowledge in repairing vehicle, willing to take probable body damage and spend long day on trail with family.

TRAIL LIST
(LEADER)
TUESDAY, OCTOBER, 8
E=Gemini Bridges (above and below)
M=Steel Bender (Troy)
H=Behind the Rocks (Mil)
D=Moab Rim

WENDSDAY, OCTOBER, 9.
E=Tusher Tunnel (Mil)
M=Tusher Tunnel/Wipeout Hill (Mil)
H= Metal Masher (Jeff Turner)
D= Pritchett Canyon (Mark H.)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER, 10.
E= Schaffer Trail (Mike G.)
M= Poison Spider
H= Cliff Hanger (Mil)
D=Helldorado (Mark H.)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER, 11
E=
M= HELLS REVENGE (Jeff Turner)
H= ALL XJ RUN
D=

SATURDAY, OCTOBER, 12
E=Top of World/Rose Garden (Mike G.)
M= Gold Bar Rim to Golden Spike (Gabe and Kim)
H= Poison Spider/Golden Spike (Nay)
D= Rusty Nail/Golden Spike (Sean R)

I have wheeled Poison Spider once (last year at the NAXJA event) and know it well from mountain biking. If a leader doesn't come forth, you can put me down. JP

OK, talked to the other half. We were planning on not doing Posion Spider unless a leader didn't come forth to run it, but we are gonna run it regardless now. So, you can sign me up as the leader if it's not filled. I've been on this trail well over a dozen times on mtn bike and once in the XJ, so I know all the turns and spots that can lead one astray. Looking forward to it!
Jason Porter

Back