• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake Photos

great week-end!!! swamp was a swamp...lots of rain!!! good wheel'in.......one broken axle...one twisted diveline..one broken shock...one busted u-joint....plenty of food and fun....and most of all......great folks!!, always ready to pinch-in and help.

p.s. thanks for the photos chris....order your axles yet??:D

Yes, great trip despite the weather. That area up there is so nice, I gotta get up there more often.
And what's a trip without a little trail repair? :D
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

The rest of my pics are here.

Jes

Thanks for posting cool pics (as always!) Jes. What is Andy welding with? Looks like a cool little self contained arc-welder.

And Gary: Does that driveshaft look familiar? Was that your cordless sawsall and HF angle grinder?

Thanks for letting me live vicariously.

Sean"up to my eyeballs in diapers"P

Hey SP - be grateful, dude - conditions were not exactly the best up there for a run. At one point we had our own Army Corps of Engineers project in the middle of the plastic fortress that Keven, Pat and Norm built for shelter (many thanks, Anastasia, for the flood control modifications.) You would have been using a diaper for a hat.

To all involved - thanks for a wonderful time. :D

Lu

Sean,

It's a Century 131b, a recargeable, self contained MIG welder. I got it form Harbor Freight for $300, and it's supposed to do 75" of weld. Haven't tested enough to know if this claim is true. It does burn hot, though. It does 1/4" plate with no problem.

I can recharge it on-board with the use of the power inverter.

CRASH

We had a great time despite the lousy weather. It was great finnally getting to meet some of you. Big thanks for a wonderful time and trail repair assistance . :rolleyes: Next trip axles shouldn't be an issue. Speaking of anyone have a line on a Terra60R source . ;) ? Great scenery, Good wheeling, and good people. Hope to see you all again soon.

Lots of fun despite the rain, it was good to do some wheeling and hang out with a great bunch of people.

yup thats my sawsall, but its andys angle grinder :) And yes that DS looks way to familiar :)

sorry not many good pics. I will have to get on my photographer. :) :) :)

heres one of Crash and Jes.

andyjes.jpg

and one of me on the Longarm line :)

LAline.jpg

Gary E said:

sorry not many good pics. I will have to get on my photographer. :) :) :)

:rolleyes:
I take this one of you...
picture.JPG

...and you take this one...
picture.JPG

...and I take this one of Matt...
picture.JPG

...and he doesn't even take one of me when I hand him my camera?!?
I'd say Shannon is pretty good compared to you or Matt! :D

Jes

Hey it takes two to tango, if you would of gotten your tire on that rock, it would of been more picture worthy :D

standard

sorry, my line is just more exciting :) :)

standard

Ya, it's like the first run I've been on with Gary where he didn't blow a bead or cut a tire! :rolleyes:
Maybe it's because he finally has some real tires? :D :D

Jes

I remember the first run we went on, who threw the strap to who? :D :D :D and I don't remember any tire carnage. :D

however I did have tire carnage the next 3 runs with Jes :)

and yes I am digging these tires :)

Gary E said:
I remember the first run we went on, who threw the strap to who? :D :D :D and I don't remember any tire carnage. :D

however I did have tire carnage the next 3 runs with Jes :)

and yes I am digging these tires :)

Ya but it was only after I asked and you only pulled me 3"s.
And what was it you broke a little while later?!? :D :D

Jes

Alright children.......put your wieners back into your pants and zip up. We all know we have about the same "equipment".

CRASH

Back