• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

COfest

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Any plans BOD? I'm fairly sure there is a balance in the club's account. We are all fairly clear that this method of meeting up is done, any plans to use the balance to benefit us long time contributors. This used to be my place to go, now it's dead. I think a wild, last get together would be appropriate.

You guys figure out what you want. We have funds.

In a couple of weeks I am getting a double knee full replacement. I should be up for ColoradoFest this year. My only issue is, as always, where will I be working. I am currently in Park City, Utah, but that will be up somewhere around ColoradoFest time. The question is...will I have to be leaving for a new venue? I really would like to go since life has prevented it for the last several years.

I recommend something different from a week in Buena Vista. It is beautiful an there are a lot of trails close, but I, along with most of the crowd have done that many times over.

I have always hoped to set up an informal event I wanted to call "Waltz across Colorado." The hope was to do a loop of some type, spending the night in a different location almost every night, with a leasurely trip/trail every day, with time to stop and take pix/fish/etc along the way. The trails would be moderate but with tons of scenery. No big rush, just slow down and enjoy with friends.

The start would be along the front range. Maybe do Argentine Pass the first day and stay on the way up to Webster/Redcone. From there do one of those and over Radical Hill, staying over on the Wheeler Lake trail.

Maybe from there head over to St. Elmo and Tincup Pass and spend the night around there. From there head over Taylor Pass, have lunch at Ashcroft and head back to Crested Butte over Pearl Pass.

From there head over Scofield Pass and stay at Crystal for the night.

From there maybe make a trek to Ouray and get ready for the Alpine Loop the next day.

You get the idea. Anybody interested? Nothing is set in stone but it seems that most would rather see some new territory.

There really isn't any reason we can't have both this summer.

Back