• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CRAWL Magazine coverage

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
CRAWLmaglogo.jpg

It seems Goatman earned his sponsorship money while he was at King of the Hammers. Apparently he chatted up Brandon Foster, one of the owners of CRAWL Magazine (www.crawlmag.com) and told him about the Big #25 event coming up. I don't know the details, but after about ten minutes alone in a trailer, Brandon agreed to cover the event. :shhh:

As a Cherokee nut myself, naturally I already had reservations for a cabin at Slickrock. Apparently the Editor in Chief, Tim Piele, didn't want to be left out, so he'll be there too. What it's come down to is that CRAWL will be doing an XJ-centric issue with lots of coverage of the event.

I've been talking with Richard about getting a run put together at Area BFE or some other "hardcore" area where we can do a photoshoot of some of the bigger XJ's out there. The Upper Helldorado trail at BFE is not for the faint of heart, but even if you don't want to wheel your Jeep, it promises to be a great show.

We will also be shooting the whole range of Cherokees and Comanches that show up that week, so don't think just because you're running 31's we won't pay attention. On that note, if you've got a rig capable of the gnarly stuff at BFE (37's and up...probably) shoot me a PM and let me know.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

-----Matt-----
CRAWL Magazine

This sounds great! I guess Im kinda in the middle with true 34's and 6" of lift. and cage work to come. I think it might be fun to grind a smaller XJ through upper Helldorado.............now if I can only make the trip in October. It will be great to have the coverage

In the next few months if you open up a chocolate bar and find a handful of Moab dirt, you know you've been selected to participate in the "Big Dog Run." We're going to limit it to about 10 rigs, just for the sake of a fast pace trail ride. Goatseman will be making the final selections based on a ouija board mounted on the dash of his XJ Truggy.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
In the next few months if you open up a chocolate bar and find a handful of Moab dirt, you know you've been selected to participate in the "Big Dog Run." We're going to limit it to about 10 rigs, just for the sake of a fast pace trail ride. Goatseman will be making the final selections based on a ouija board mounted on the dash of his XJ Truggy.

-----Matt-----

Nah, it's going to be based on cold, hard cash. :eek:

:D :D

I want to say how excited I am about CRAWL being there much of the week to cover the event. CRAWL is quickly becoming the standard for covering rockcrawling and rock rigs, and it's great that they have an interest in covering good trail built XJ's and MJ's. They'll be covering a variety of trails at this event, so not just the biggest trail rigs will get a shot at some coverage. I understand they'll also be looking for some clean rigs to do features on, so who knows who might get their XJ featured in CRAWL magazine. Now how cool would that be!!!

So, get those new mods done, save some money for gas, and make sure you join us in Moab in Oct.

:bawl: i'm only on 33's. can i come anyway......if i promise to smash the fawker thru obsticles :banghead: instead of over them ?

p.s. i have a stretcher now to get er' home on.

IllianaXJ said:
Call up Low-Range, they may be willing to cover it.

I already spoke to them, and am waiting for an answer.... they are currently a maybe but are going to send us some free stuff to give away either way.

Is CRAWL anything like Lowrider magazine? That's my fave !

IXNAYXJ said:

-----Matt-----

I like chocolate bars of dirt...............

attachment.php

BGDOGXJ.JPG

Back