• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MTR psi on road

Come on... you could at least specify the SIZE of your tire.
Anyways, take a piece of chalk, draw a flat line across the tire, drive aroudn the block, examine the chalk line (Do it for all for tires). If the middle is worn more, you got too much air. If the outside is worn more, you need more air. If it wears even you're all good.

i havent done the high tech chalk trick

i run 25 on the street, seems like a nice comprimise between road stability and time to fill the tires up....

this is on 35x12.50's, and its not a daily driver...I fill them up to drive to and from the trails.

I wore out a set of 31x10.50 MT/Rs on 7" rims at 35 psi. Even wear across the tread, 60,000 miles. Ride comfort is way down on the list of priorities, mpg and tread wear are at the top.

i run my 35x12.50s at about 31 on the street and between 4 and 9 on the trail. I have to run them that high on the street because I have them internally balanced with a couple golf balls and if there it too big of a flat spot at the bottom of the tire the golf-balls will bounce at the bottom.

Kejtar said:
Come on... you could at least specify the SIZE of your tire.
Anyways, take a piece of chalk, draw a flat line across the tire, drive aroudn the block, examine the chalk line (Do it for all for tires). If the middle is worn more, you got too much air. If the outside is worn more, you need more air. If it wears even you're all good.

yea I guess some info would have been better

33x12.5
on black 8" wheels

the caulk thing is cool

ChiXJeff said:
I wore out a set of 31x10.50 MT/Rs on 7" rims at 35 psi. Even wear across the tread, 60,000 miles. Ride comfort is way down on the list of priorities, mpg and tread wear are at the top.

yea I was thinking in terms of ride comfort
man these things are aggresive

chalk, not caulk!!! That may get messy, but it ya do it, I want pics!

I run around 28ish summer, and 26ish winter. DD 32" MTR's on 8" rim. Only a year old, so far so good. I rotate every 3,000 at oil change (its free with oil change at most places! they just won't BALANCE).

Jason

VegasAnthony said:
yea I guess some info would have been better

33x12.5
on black 8" wheels

the caulk thing is cool
with black ones 33 but if they are any other color i would run about 29

I run 35" MTRs at 19# in the front and 21# in the rear. I dont understand why you all run such high preasures. I always learned one of the best ways to find the pressure you should run your tire at is build a load line. from 0,0 to max pressure, max load rateing. then, knowing how much weight is on each tire.... travelk up that load line and find the corresponding pressure for that load.

I've done this on all my tires and they all have worn GREAT. you can find your front axle and rear axle loads on the little sticker on the inside of the drivers door usually. just divide that weight by two and there you have load per tire. you may waqnna add a little pressure above that to compensate for all your gear/new bumpers/ cages/whatever

Best thing is it has a really nice ride and is plenty stable in the corners.... ive had 35 in my tires before (put it in the shop for something and they filled them up) and as soon as I drove half a block my alot rougher ride.... pulled over and aired back down to normal and then my ride was awsome once again

32x11.5 on 8 inch rims...I run 26 psi on road and the wear seems pretty good, but I only have 5K miles so far.

John

With 32x11.5 on 8" rims I usually run right around 30-32 or so, haven't checked it in a while though so it might be a little lower now.

Back