• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Took the weekend off....

jpbxj79

NAXJA Forum User
Decided not to toil away in the driveway this weekend(Number three will have to wait), and instead, decided to go fishing/hiking up in RMNP. My roommate and I hiked up to Lawn Lake, and then to Crystal Lake, elevation:LL;10,875ft CL;11,324ft, UNREAL. Climbed up 3,325ft in just under 8 miles, great trail, great lakes, beautiful fish, truly awesome. Here are some pics. Jim

P1010097.jpg

Looking down on Lawn Lake from Crystal Lake.
P1010086-1.jpg

Looking NW from Crysal Lake.
P1010076.jpg

Cutthroat in Lawn Lake.
P1010082.jpg

Cutthroat in Crystal Lake.
P1010084.jpg

Cutthroat in Crystal Lake.
P1010057.jpg

Fishing Lawn Lake.
By the way, it's all catch and release, natural flys and lures only, did I mention how beautiful these fish are??? I tend to play in the SE side of the park but the Fall River side blew my mind this weekend, I need to win the lottery, wow too much to see and do. Thanks again, Jim.

Last edited:
Nice pix I need to go fishin its been awhile...................HHMM do I hear a camping trip coming to mind

Thanks for the invite Jim,,,,LOL. Those are the kinds of weekends I miss!!!:bawl:

philip_g said:
Man, from my experiences in this state you might as well go check in at a holiday inn, solitude seems to be imposible to find at campgrounds.

Phillip my friend, real camping is not done at a camp ground or a hoilday inn for that matter. Look west, take a deep breath, and go. XJ's are not ment to be seen at chatfield or cherry creek unless it pulling a boat.:)

Back