• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8th Annual Thanksgiving Weekend TSF Run

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I'll do it...

I arrived Thursday evening about 6pm to find the Gresham Boys and 88nwxj hanging out in camp. I slowly got camp set up and we hung out around the fire and watched for other people to arrive. TORX and the Skinner Boys showed up later.

Friday morning we took a LONG time getting going. After breakfast we decided to gather firewood. :twak: Hindsight, we knew better than to drag logs through the campground but more on that later.

logging.jpg

After we dulled our chainsaws, we ate lunch then hit the trail. First up, Bates Road.

batesroad.jpg

dustinbatesraod.jpg

quadtrailsbatesroad.jpg

nickbatesroad.jpg

greshamboys.jpg

skinnnerboys.jpg

From Bates Road, we headed west and ran the usual Hoodraiser to Hogsback to Rocky Uphill. While the group took the bypass then came up Rocky Uphill, I went down the upper section and met them at the former ledge.

torxrockyuphill.jpg

calebrockyuphill.jpg

After that, it was back to camp for more shenanigans.

Saturday morning as more folks arrived we made a plan and headed out with 12(?) rigs.

groupsaturday.jpg

BoringDave had some overheating issues so he and Josh headed back to camp to troubleshoot while the rest of us headed for Firebreak Five. The first section sure looks a lot different now.

torxfb5.jpg

frostbittenFB5.jpg

We went the rest of the way up FB5 then took a break at the top. While everybody else watched some rigs on Crushers, I hiked up to the summit of South Saddle Mountain to check out the old lookout site up there. I was pleased to find a couple of survey markers, a few sections of ladder and an old chimney from the lookout's cabin.

saddlemtndisc.jpg

ladder.jpg

fireplace.jpg

SouthSaddlelookoutpano.jpg

From there we ran the rerouted section of 7up and Hogsback then down Rocky Uphill (I skipped that section) I was bored running the same old trails (and bypasses) so I went nomad. Ran down Archers Road to Jordan Creek, popped across the highway and headed up past Cedar Butte toward Triangulation Point, where I finally visited an old railroad car parked on a hillside.

tankcar.jpg

I wandered my way over to Truck Dent and checked it out.

truckdent.jpg

Then back down to the highway and back to camp, where I discovered the sheriff was waiting for us. We'd done,,, a few things wrong. Not really intentionally, it was mostly just ignorance. We were told to put back the logs we hadn't cut up yet, pay for all campsites and clean up EVERYTHING.

reverselogging.jpg

Then back to the usual camping activities.

camp.jpg

Yeah, Last night was a Drencher.. It started around 10pm and didnt let up until we were rolling out at 11am

ya good thing i covered the drivers window i busted out just to bad mnkyboy left the passenger window down all night LOL

Dang that's a lot of pictures, thanks for the pics on fire break nick.

dude, you had a pretty sweet little wheel stand goin on in that one pic.... :yelclap:

Dang that's a lot of pictures, thanks for the pics on fire break nick.

A few more ppl still have to post there's and I have a TON of video to cut down and post... Not a big fan of all that.

Anybody want to edit 35 gigs of HD video for me?

20 gigs on rays (TooBig) Gopro
10 gigs on mine
And 5 or so on my other camera
All vids

Last edited:
Back