• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AwesomeXJ Birthday run

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I didn't take any pics. I showed up late on sat and set up my tent and unloaded my crap. we headed out for Cedar tree. It was fun. then we went to FB5, it was fun too. When we got done with FB5 we went back to camp. Ate some food and drank some booze. went to bed late and woke up early. I had some friends stop by in the morning to wish me a happy birthday. i screwed around for a few hours till everyone else got up. after dinner we set out for powerline. It was fun, then we ran ALL of archers lower sections. Than was fun too. except my sheering a tie rod end, that forced me to not run waterfall. :tear:

It was a really fun weekend. I had a good time.

So since I took some pictures I decided (after some peer pressure) to start the Alyssa Trip Report from Awesome XJ's Birthday Run
Eric and I loaded up Saturday and met up with Darren to head out.
35a8a8d6.jpg

710cbf67.jpg

We arrived and it was obvious that the party had already started-nightfoam had burned his hand. :) It was a good night(no pictures-others may have some)
Next morning we all slowly woke up and got ready to go!
IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9812.jpg

IMG_9776.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

Waterfall-Poor Aaron's tie rod end
IMG_9841.jpg

IMG_9843.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Some randoms
IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

After getting Curtis' jeep down to Lyda Camp thanks to Paul helping it down
IMG_0201.jpg

we headed back to camp. Curtis went to get his jeep trailered, Nick and Paul also trailered up and left for home. Aaron, Beth, Darren, Eric and I all stayed another night and had a visit from Torx. Very low key second night. Next morning we all packed up, gassed up and headed for home.
899a2b8d.jpg

I took literally zero pictures, but I did have a good time wheeling my Jeep for the first time. I also slept in it, which for anyone under 6' is totally do-able in an LJ.

Now that's a trip report. ;)

Props to those who were quick on getting the fluids contained. :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about the Jeep, Curtis. It looks like it held up fairly well considering it was on it's lid. Remove the glass and doors, and wheel it through summer.

ya I probly will,but I will make some kind of structur support so if (when) it rolls agian it will have some strength. great pics. I am really glad I didnt have any of the dogs with me. thanks every one for helping up right my xj. I hope to wheel with every one agian soon.

ya I probly will,but I will make some kind of structur support so if (when) it rolls agian it will have some strength. great pics. I am really glad I didnt have any of the dogs with me. thanks every one for helping up right my xj. I hope to wheel with every one agian soon.
Put a bar from the floor to the roof right behind the seats. 4 bolt flange on each end. Maybe tie them together with an X.

Nice pictures Alyssa!

I got off work early Friday afternoon so I ended up rolling into camp about 4pm. I set about setting up my trailer and chopping firewood then proceeded to wait. FINALLY Nick rolled into camp around 11. We sat by the fire for a bit before he fell asleep. After doing unmentionable things to him, I hit the sack.

campalone.jpg
Saturday morning the birthday boy rolled into camp as we were having breakfast.

banana.jpg

My seat for the day would be with Nick. It was an interesting experience to say the least.

backseat.jpg

As was mentioned, we went up Cedar Tree then up Firebreak Five to the top before returning to camp.

waterfall.jpg

nickFB5.jpg

birthdayboy.jpg

curtis.jpg

Above the small rock field (anybody have a name for that?) we found a full-size chevy attempting to pull a dead Toyota uphill with a strap made almost entirely of knots.

brokenyo.jpg

Nick happily passed the Toyota then turned around and set up for a decently long dead pull that tested his single blue top.

nickwinching.jpg

Then it was Aaron's turn and we continued on our way into the fog up top.

groupinthefog.jpg

We spent a little time picking up garbage (actually we picked up quite a bit of garbage) then headed back to camp.

cleaninggarbage.jpg

matchingsleepingbag.jpg

naxjatotempole.jpg

IMG_9841.jpg

is that the guy that aaron thought was dave at the thanksgiving run? the guy we hadn't met before that aaron greeted by inviting him to do something nasty to aarons nether regions yet the guy still hung out with us all night?

IMG_9841.jpg

is that the guy that aaron thought was dave at the thanksgiving run? the guy we hadn't met before that aaron greeted by inviting him to do something nasty to aarons nether regions yet the guy still hung out with us all night?

Hahaha yes it is. He's friends with Curtis.

My knee still hurts. Leg is swollen from the knee down and my knee sticks out about 1/2 inch further than usual.

swolledleg.jpg

Back