• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MOAB...

POSJ

NAXJA Forum User
I want to go to MOAB next year, but I don't want to go up there without NAXJA fools. Who would be interested in taking a trip up there maybe for a 3-4 day trip? This would involve a serious commitment and not just a yes I might go. I would be towing my Jeep up there with my truck and if it came down to it I might go halves with someone to rent a large flatbed to tow multiple Jeeps. So to start off lets see if there is anyone that would go...then we will work out the details later.

Maybe Fall Fling?

Last edited:
I have been thinking about Moab for a while...as long as I can get a few weeks notice when the time comes next year I'll do it!

This would be more of an exploration trip, I've never been so I don't know any of the trails...I would like to hit the hard obstacles but if we don't get a ton of extremely capable rigs I'm ok with the 3.0-3.5 trails too...

Chimney and Chiva are 3.0 and 3.5 respectively...just an FYI

I would go depending on money. I have been there twice and sorta know the area. Stewie goes home to u-tardville often he's probably the best local guide.

This would be more of an exploration trip, I've never been so I don't know any of the trails...I would like to hit the hard obstacles but if we don't get a ton of extremely capable rigs I'm ok with the 3.0-3.5 trails too...

Chimney and Chiva are 3.0 and 3.5 respectively...just an FYI

Sounds good Tyler. I have only driven through there on my way to other places a couple times. Love the area. This trip might be the incentive I need to get at least one traction aid and more body armor installed sooner than later.

ive been wanting to go up there for a while, i would be down just gota know about what time next year so i can deligate time off

Do you guys want to try to make fall fling? We could roll in there as an AZ Chapter group...

Fall of 2010....not so sure I could do it....I'm going to be using most of my paid time off before the union sits down to negotiate their labor contract this July here at the mine.

Fall of 2011 would give me more time to prep the Jeep.

Im going for sure to EJS next year(2012). I was supposed to leave this morning with Tim (illogicalPro) and some friends but given that i need all the money I can save in order to move I decided it was best to stay. But I will be going forsure next year, also planning to have the tons put under my 88 so that it will be ready by then.(fingers crossed)

Im out for Fall fling though. too much going on this fall and will prob be out of the country for work/school

Fall of 2010....not so sure I could do it....I'm going to be using most of my paid time off before the union sits down to negotiate their labor contract this July here at the mine.

Sh*T....I'm a still a year behind....I'm all for 2012:rolleyes:

Wouldnt a spring trip be better? that way the fall is left open for any sort of NAXJA AZ event like cheroctoberfest. I'm new to AZ and did not know if that event always happens in AZ.

Rockfest is in the spring and will return next year as our national event. October is open on the club events list next year.

which mine you work at I work at the Asarco mission

I will be defintly be going to moab next year just dont know when yet so i'm a defently a maybe lol.
It'll be my buddies and first time so a group would be awsome, I just bought guide to moab.

9a4a2bc8.jpg

If you are going to Moab and don't have at least 20 trails memorized, buy the Charles Wells trail guide book - period. I've been a Moab regular for 10 years now and I still use my first edition every trip. We even ran into the author down there and got our copy signed. Until I moved down here in January, Moab was a 4 hour drive for me.

I'm totally up for a trip to Moab this fall, and again next spring. I would be happy to show you around a lot of good trails as well... provided you can handle following a JK around. October thru March are great times to be there. The off season for the hotels is Nov 1st thru Feb 28th, and they are quite reasonable during those times.

I don't dig wheeling on the very hot days, and it regularly gets over 100* in July-Aug. I generally don't go there from June to August.

But seriously, any time after this summer just say the word and we will be on our way!

Jared:patriot:

Last edited:
Back