• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Communications.

Dubster

NAXJA Forum User
What 2 meter frequency/frequencies are going to be used for call in on way to camp and for trail runs?

Keller Peak Repeater is very close and could work for area wide communications but simplex might be better. I don't know. This is my first Socal Fest so don't know what's been used in the past.

Anybody do an informal Socal Fest simplex net on Friday or Saturday night?

dub

What 2 meter frequency/frequencies are going to be used for call in on way to camp and for trail runs?

Keller Peak Repeater is very close and could work for area wide communications but simplex might be better. I don't know. This is my first Socal Fest so don't know what's been used in the past.

Anybody do an informal Socal Fest simplex net on Friday or Saturday night?

dub

We typically run on my adopted frequency, 146.585 simplex. Keller and Big Bear are occasionally monitored.

I can try to keep the radio on me Friday and Saturday nights.

Dub if you do a net I'll participate. It seems like "newer" Hams are reluctant to join nets as they haven't learned the "process". Good practice opportunity. I'd suggest requesting use of one of the Big Bear repeaters:) My cheapo 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is a net, I would like to join. It will be my first, so I might just visit Dub to see how it's done.

The only "net" I've participated in was "net control" for some rallies that happen a couple times a year. But that's just us parking our cars on a peak w/ some big antennas so we can reach the whole rally stage on simplex frequencies. We've tried to use home-built repeaters, or radios in cross-link mode, but it never seems to work out. Whatever the process is for this, I'd like to join and participate.

That's a great radio. I have 2 of those.

I also just picked up a tri-band Kenwood TH-F6. Looking forward to meeting you all up in big bear.

Back