• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8th Annual Thanksgiving Weekend TSF Run

Its ok, the IRO guys claim theres no stress up there anyway.

I was actually talking to a guy from Chaos Fab last night about converting the IRO kit to a D60. Looks like it would be pretty easy to adapt the arms to a D44 or D60, it would also delete the infamous castor adjuster and 10mm bolt.
So what you're saying is, Adam as VP will Personally Contact IRO and try to get a Dana 60/IRO Long arm setup for the NWFEST Raffle? :heart::heart::heart:

I managed to forget all my cameras, only got a few crappy cellphone pics.

After turning back and helping BoringDave out with his fan issue, we got back on the trail and chased the rest of the group for most of the morning.
With barely a working CB between the both of us, we were navigating by dumb luck and the occasional snippett of a CB transmission. We heard something about Firebreak 5, so we made our way there after a trip out on the wrong side of Saddle Mt Rd.

Making our way down over to Hogsback, as that seems to be the popular route on NWC runs, we heard a few more familiar voices come over the CB, ...we had to be getting closer.

By the time we made it down rocky uphill we had finally caught up to the rest of the group.

With just enough time to scarf down a sammich and snap a couple pics, we were back on our way.

There was a drive by from Torx, sporting some familiar artwork from one of our other members.

Up over archers, and on to waterfall. By the time we got there, the clunking noise from my front end was bothering me pretty bad. I was thinking it was coming from the diff, it sounded low like that, and was only happening under power, uphill.... With an assist from Specfab, we narrowed it down to my motor mounts. I hadn't even considered them to be the culprit, as they're less than a year old. Live and learn...
By that time, several rigs had come by including this behemoth.... it was fairly unique, so I snapped a couple pics of it.

The filter to waterfall was pretty slick, and was making all who tried work for it. Yet it seems most were doing pretty well on their way up the trail, I think partly due to what sounded like some good spotting from Nick over the CB.
By the time I made it up and around (bypassing the obstacle for obvious mechanical reasons) Curtis was giving it a go. It looked like he was in a great position, and had the line, but just couldn't get his XJ to hook up.

A resounding *pop* was heard, and much noise came from his front end, with a snapped carrier, there was not much else to do, but pull cable.

That pretty much concluded the run, at the top the decision was made to call it a day, and head back to horse camp.
Once back, .....well you guys are aware of what happened next.
All I can say, is next time, ....lets try to Tread Lightly guys.

LOL....Dustin's got a "Fire Crotch!"
D206AF14-AE08-485F-8CA1-A5DC8F3704B1_zpsxnxqgchf.jpg

Gawd, we look so dysfunctional when the trip reports get posted.

Guess I'll add my shots and story to the list.

I headed out to TSF Thursday night after a dinner with the family. I made great time out there, cruised up Rutherford, and popped into Horse Camp to find the Gresham Boyz, Nightfoam, and Caleb. Shortly after getting camp set up, SpecFab and Mnkyboy arrived. Good times were had around the fire.

Friday morning we got up, and stood around and BS'd for awhile. We had nowhere to be, and nothing that had to be done.
72C3B03D-520C-476B-B9E3-60E6F78F857C.jpg

I decided to crop Scott's tool out of this one.
953FB4E2-68CF-4A26-8960-F7A687C9AFB8.jpg

After a productive morning of doing stuff, it was time to wheel. Bates Road it was.
IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Nightfoam trying to be a positive roll model in Nick's life.
IMG_0014.jpg

We made short work of Bates Road, cruised back down it, and then over to Hood Raiser and Hogs Back.
IMG_0015.jpg

Junk.
IMG_0019.jpg

Stretched out a bit.
IMG_0021.jpg

Caleb trying an optional line on Rocky Uphill.
IMG_0024.jpg

Then found himself between a rock and a hard place.
IMG_0025.jpg

SpecFab at the helm of the newly acquired QuadTrails MJ.
IMG_0027.jpg

We finished Archers, and then headed back to camp. Caleb got busy with the bacon.
06CA5651-2F2C-4D96-AB8A-4E68499B3EEB.jpg

Boring_Family, Bmikes, XJromeo, and AwesomeXJ arrived later that evening. A few of us then headed out for a quick night run. University Firepower, Cedar Tree, Firebreak 5. Everyone did great, and we were able to keep a good pace.
4F43D39A-66FD-4986-960F-03A2F374EC73.jpg

We had more good times around the campfire that evening. Slowly everyone began to rise Saturday morning. Mojojojo rolled into camp bright and early ready to go (remember Rod this is the NWC), Curtis, Chase, and Josh all rolled in later ready to hit the trails. By 10:00 our parade was hitting the trails.
IMG_0029.jpg

Headed straight for Firebreak 5 to pick up from the night before. Wow, has it ever changed with the recent timber sale.
IMG_0031.jpg

Top of the first section, Redjeep2.0.
IMG_0033.jpg

AwesomeXJ feeling awesome hitched a ride with Caleb.
IMG_0036.jpg

Curtis brought out the wagon.
IMG_0038.jpg

POR Wheeler's Racing was out testing their Ultra4 Car.
IMG_0042.jpg

We kept a steady pace the rest of the trail. Once at the top, we stopped for lunch overlooking the Crushers.
IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

We continued on around the ridge, 7Up to Hogs Back.
IMG_0049.jpg

RockBilly.
IMG_0052.jpg

Chase.
IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Continuing on down Archers Firebreak. Rod and I agreed that going down this section is not the least bit enjoyable.
IMG_0063.jpg

Eventually we found ourselves at good ole, Waterfall. There was already a group up top (Poorboy Offroad), and then the POR Wheelers were in front of us.
IMG_0071.jpg

Rob heating up the tires.
IMG_0075.jpg

After the way was clear our group set out to conquer. The filter has changed a bit, I had to winch Nick off a rock, and then I proceeded to get all wadded up in it. Once through it, I one shotted the right line. Rod feeling the need to be different went with the middle ledges.
IMG_0080.jpg

As Rod worked the middle, Curtis attempted the right. Something just wasn't connecting, and after a bit too much pepper everyone heard something in his front end let loose.

By this point the group was feeling it was time to head back to camp. I had to head home that night, which put a good end to another great Thanksgiving Run.

Back