• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7th Annual TSF Thanksgiving Trip 2012

All that and no photos. I wish I could of been there but it just wasn't in the cards.
X2... Looks like it was one memorable run!

I didnt break enough stuff.. I was able to drive back to camp, and then on and off the trailer.. And i still have a full tank..
I'll replace the band-aid with a permanent solution and be loaded back up in a few days..
This was a fun trip.. :thumbup:
Looks like it, I havent seen this much carnage in a long time though.
Glad no one got hurt, and everyone made it down in one piece (more or less)

I only posted pictures because I don't remember anything that happened.
LOL! Remids me of Torxfest....

Yeah that was my sh asta. Apparently it's still there
Strategically placed ballast....t'is essential for proper vehicle attitude.

Wow, those hamburgers look delicious!

Wheeling looks pretty darn good too. Cool pics.

Is that a Doctor Pepper on the bumper?

I was just getting ready to mention that! Cool pics. What happened to the gunmetal blue XJ on the roll back?

What happened to the gunmetal blue XJ on the roll back?

While going through a small rock garden near the end of the trail, I tagged my axle side drivers LCA mount on the last rock in the garden and broke the weld and bend the mount. Scott and I ratcheted things together and we limped down to the trail then back to camp.

well our adventure started on thurs night. i made it to camp unlike most times, befor the croud had went to bed.:thumbup:

tarp city was constructed
S7300261.jpg

because scott talked smack, tessa went to the liquor store and was eggN the peeps on. we did a feiw shots, and headded to bed.
friday morning, well afternoon. we hit the trails we were headded for cedar tree but ended up on fb5 befor we knew it. the rock of doom was the rock of doom, and the secont section is evolving into one of the funest sections of trails out there. alyssia wheel thoes rocks like a champ! we ran up on the rock garden of fb5 fairly quick. i saw the garden and got a little overzellious. i headded right in! i managed to rearange my exaust, breaking an o2 sensor, smashing my intermediate pipe, and pushing it so far forward it leeks at the manafold, the "y" pipe flange was rubbing on the front axle yolk as the suspention flexed.
thx for spotting me out nic! i was wedged

Torx and i stoped to take a look under there, (i got hung up fairly good)
i tried to kick things back a bit, but it wasent moving...
S7300242.jpg

so we continued on, at this point it was me, torx, and blackjeep. as we got part way up the 3rd section of fb5 we come up on nic, hatch open and laying under the jeep?!?!?!?

S7300250.jpg

somehow he had lost the rear DS, ujoint, and beat the snot out of the yolk. after getting the DS pulled nic and i decided rather than push to catchup that we needed to limp to a good spot for some trail repairs.

S7300257.jpg

after quickly relizing i gave my pipes a little more than a love tap i knew the whol system had to come out to make things right on my rig. nic discovered that he couldent find the right parts in his boxes to get his jeep back on the trail so we decided to head for camp... in the rain :tears:

well some debated a night run, some drank, some ate foods in preperation. darin and dustin were getting there friendly batch of facelighting when nick pipes up. Bronze! your tarp it down! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH we all ran to try and save tarp city. we all tried, but it just wasnt working out. dustin decided it would be best if hee just stood at camp all night and held it up.

way to be dustin:thumbup:

S7300271.jpg

i wanted to thank everybody that drop everything they were doing to help me get the tarps back up, and for the useage of the rope. ( i still have the bundle i thinks its ryan's???) its not fun to do in the rain, and i had the largest tarp known to man. so agin guies thankyou!

saturday morning rolled around we herd nics desil start up and take off, so i figured i had time to dick with my exaust. i dident want to risk the system springing apart so i dident want to unbolt anyhing. i wraped my straps around the pipes and tugged off of a tree a feiw times. it dient seal up, but it moved back enough fo me to clear the rubbing problem in the suspention, i was ready to wheel!!!

ray's cps went out at the bottom of hogs back. and i learned tapping a cps "may" get it to start one last time. it worked! it runs! "just dont shut the jeep off today ray...." nic says.
S7300276.jpg

while waiting, ryan wanted a secont shot at the hill climb.
vid: http://s387.beta.photobucket.com/user/Bronzewyrm/media/2012 turkey day run/S7300283.mp4.html

most of the time, most people bypass the rock garden on HB, but today everybody wanted to play on the rocks.

S7300287.jpg

we eventualy made it to watterfall! scott had some issues on the filter and a feiw bypased the climb.

vid: TooBig
http://s387.beta.photobucket.com/user/Bronzewyrm/media/2012%20turkey%20day%20run/S7300326.mp4.html

waiting for the accent
S7300336.jpg

S7300338.jpg

Ray, major props to you and the wife (mellissa, i think:anon:) for sticking it out all day, wheeling some of the hardest trails out there on your first trip to tsf, and no major carnage on the shakedown run. awsome job man. i love the new rig, glad you guies made it out to play!

i dident see it ill i went to fuel up the next day but i think i did this on the right line of watterfall. not shure tough need feedback.

S7300391.jpg

we ran the V-notch on archers, i followed nic's advice on the way down. i put my drivers tire right in the v and went for it off camber as hell. i damn neer floped twice, i was more sitting on the drivers door than on the seat. im getting nervious just thinking about it:D. from there we herded up the trail "rodgers road". i had been rideing the fuel light since we left watterfall and by the time we made it to the top i was on E. we broke away from the group and headded for camp. once i hit the HW at the bottom, i was already below "E" well here we go i said to tessa, we dident look at the gadge and dident talk to each other the entire way home. and yes we made it! HHHHHHHH
my jeep runs @ 1/4 tank below empty... THANK GOD! i would have been in a bad spot had i ran out comming up the pass.....

Torx, thanks for leting my check your fuel pump. yep it still works!:guitar: and i made it to the station, aired up and we were headded for home. ryan stoped by camp on his way out an let us know the plan was to stop and eat. but by the time we made it out of there the group had ate and left for home already. maby next time

we had a great time, im deeply saddned about what i did to the jeep. my coggs are turning everyday on what my next step is... thanks for another great turkey run guies. good to see everybody agin.

tessa, josh, and I wil see you guies shortly for some trees! until next year
Bronze.

And yes Rod. i hate you face! how was the mall crawlin (n)

Back