• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Die Grinder?

xj88RoKK

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever used one? I am currently air-less and was wondering if I should get one. Thanks!

Depends on what you want to do with it.They tend to be quite large and heavy.They also get quite warm when used for awhile.

Simple things like the "cut and tuck" on the rear flares and removing the stock flooring from the cargo area to put some fresh sheet metal down. I live in western NY so we deal with a bit of salt and cancer. Thanks

I've been using a $50 Hitachi for about 5 years now. Zero complaints, many many hours on it cutting and grinding steel and flap wheeling fibreglass. The only thing I could recommend over the Hitachi electric is a Metabo electric.

--Matt

I've been using a $50 Hitachi for about 5 years now. Zero complaints, many many hours on it cutting and grinding steel and flap wheeling fibreglass. The only thing I could recommend over the Hitachi electric is a Metabo electric.

--Matt

Metabo's are awsome,we have 5 of the side grinders at the shop,but they are not cheap.You could get an air compressor and a cheap (air) die grinder for that money.

why not just use an angle grinder?

unless it won't fit in the area you need to work in an angle grinder works just fine.

I did my cut/fold fender trimming with the harbor freight 4" jobby that's $10.

Back