• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME 3.5" XJ Leaf Springs

southernlj

NAXJA Forum User
Relatively brand new Old Man Emu 3.5" HD leafs for an XJ with new OE bushings. Model CS033RA's. Approx 250 miles on them. Available in 2 weeks. Paid $350 shipped w/bushings, asking $250 obo. Located in Marietta, GA. Do not want to ship.

Last edited:
Ride pretty good and will get better when they are broken in (2nd rig i've run OME's on and love them). They are currnetly still installed on the jeep. I've ordered another set of OME in the 2" flavor. The 3.5" with 2" shackles is more then I need and I didn't want to swap in the stock shackles.

Where in Atl are you? I'm in Marietta near 75/575 split.

Dang Mike wish I would've seen this before posting up for ya. DOH!

Heck do you even have 250 miles on these springs? Not like you've even wheeled that mall crawler yet! :confused1

Seriously a good deal on springs from a good guy folks! :greensmok

Do you by chance have any pics of these installed? Or did you measure how much lift they gave you? I have future plans of either these or the CS033RB's, but haven't seen either installed.

I live in Atlanta, Doraville area. I would like to come by a take a look at them. Do they have the military wrap leaf? I could not find a 3.5 lift spring online for a pic, only a listing for a 3.0 Heavy duty.

wait...its 139 each brand new but you want 250 for a used set...

mark

Non military wrapped. As far as the height, they're advertised between 3-3.5". I believe it was OME's site that they were listed as 3.5", so I listed them as 3.5".

As far as the price. New I paid 125 each (250) plus another 60 for shipping (check shipping, most companies want $80-120.) then another 40 or so for the bushings (OME don't come with bushings). They've never been wheeled or flexed.

I'm not going to get into it on $$$. Check the price delivered before you make comments. Price on Jeeping outfitters-Springs 274.48, Bushings $48.00 then another $96.00 for shipping (spring shipping alone is $86.00 ). So, total price is $418.48.

For reference. The 2dr is my jeep w/the OME's. Spec's for reference. 3.5" front coils w/spacer, leafs stated above w/2" shackles on 37 Irocks w/lots of trimming. Highest point on the jeep is 6'6" (roof rack). The red jeep is RE 3.5" lift on 32" BFG KM's. Front frame/axle distance is the same on the 2, while the rear frame/axle is 2.5-3" higher on the 2dr. (measurements/pics taken the day the jeep was finished/undriven)

index.php

Last edited:
which 2" did you order? Looking to get some myself, also $90 shipping is insane been looking an quadratec only charges ~$40 is that where you got these for $350 shipped with bushings?

I ordered the 2" HD's (CS035RA's), but i'll probably remove the helper spring.

I ordered 3.5's from 4x4rockshop (they only charged me cost on shiping from ARB in WA) and there was nearly no mark up on the leafs. I ordered the bushings elsewhere, can't remember where. IIRC the bushings are Crown's.

CS034RA (medium 2.5") 5 leaves in pack, 148lbs/inch s.r. 230mm free height
CS034RB (light 2") 5 leaves in pack, 148lbs/inch s.r. 205mm free height
CS035RA (3" HD) 4 + 1 overload, 137/257lbs/in s.r. 235mm free height
CS035RB (2" HD) 4 + 1 overload, 137/257lbs/in s.r. 210mm free height

I was gonna order the CSO34RB, not sure I want more than 2in of lift

*copied that info from "dopod" post on jeepforums, Old man emu is so confusing

Direct from OME/ARB site, more of an idea of the lift per leaf

Rear Light Load Spring 2.0" 2 CS034RB
Rear Medium Load Spring 2..25" 2 CS034RA

Rear Medium Load Spring 2..75" 2 CS033RB

Rear Medium Load Spring 3.5" 2 CS033RA
Heavy Constant Load Spring 2.0" 2 CS035RA

Last edited:
cool thanks, all the shops claim different number I'm just going by OME site, not sure I'll need the flat leaf on the 35, would rather have 5 regular leaves than 4 regular and one overload...sorry for hijacking

Quadratec told me 4+1 overload or 5 without overload, overload leaf is pretty long and looks like it just serve as plow or weed wacker as soon as I leave the pavement :laugh:

Not many places carry the 33RA's, they were discontinued last year then reintroduced over the past few months. The "load" spring is actually flat on the 33RA's. I was suprised when I got the 35RA's in the other day and they were actually curved down slightly. I'll post a pic of the leafs when I get them off (hopefully this weekend) and show the 33RA's beside the 35RA's.

All this talk about leaf springs....dang it Mike wheel that thing! :cool:

Back