• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ rear discs revisited.....

Judd W. VA

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen information along the way leading me to believe that ZJ rear disc brakes will swap over to the 8.25 with very little mods?? The only mod is the hub boss on the ends of the axles need to be ground to a smaller diameter for the brake disc? Anyone done this modification? What has gotten me thinking of this is that thread about this upgrade to the D44.

Thanks

I thought they'd already discussed this for the 8.25 so I searched 30 pages back, but I guess not. Anybody done this? I'd like to do this also.

Its supposed to be easier than the 44 install.If I could just find a D44!!!!

You just need to open up the center of the ZJ backing plate to fit over the 8.25 axle flange. The 8.25 swap is much easier than the D44 swap. The ZJ backing plates bolt right up with no redrilling required and you don't need the spacer.

I did the conversion on my 8.25 back in December and am getting ready to swap it over the the D44 I bought.

See this page for an 8.25 specific writeup:

http://geocities.com/dcpaschal/mitch.html

Back