• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinnamans 4/16

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Well no one has started a thread yet so I figure I would. What a great day. WOW! such a sweet trail and loved it. Cant believe how much fun I had and how crazy carnage looks! Day started at 7:20 for me to head on down to BV. took 2 hours. me and my brother aired down at the start right after the gate and headed up to meet with Matt, David, & Ben who spent the night on trail. First part of the trail was pretty easy for me. Had no problems and had alot of fun. But that wasent the case for my brother and his TJ. He had a 2" spacer lift with 33's open open, and man was it giving him some trouble. And his clutch was giving him problems to but with a little spotting from me and a little hitting his belly skid and new gas tank skid we were good to go and finaly made our way to the fork by the exit of carnage. Finaly met up with the other 3 and theres where the fun started. Well Ill let the pics do the rest of the talking!

cool pic with the jeeps
DSC_0174.jpg

Ben on a cool part
P4150595.jpg

P4150596.jpg

David and Matt in the rock garden
P4150598.jpg

P4150599.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

P4150601.jpg

P4150602.jpg

Looks like you guys had fun. I wish I could have made it.

DSC_0275.jpg

Me going around and trying
DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

Well I got hung up on the belly and was going no place so I had to get a tug from ben backwards because I wasent going anywhere lol

DSC_0277.jpg

Then made it up on the easy side :D
DSC_0278.jpg

Still at working getting rid of the hicker!!!
DSC_0280.jpg

poser!
DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

Group behind us
DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg

P4160634.jpg

P4160635.jpg

P4160639.jpg

Entrance sign!!!!
DSC_0352.jpg

Turtle rock!
DSC_0359.jpg

Well it turned out a great day and I already want to go back. I got to really test out the jeep with the lockers and gears and 35's and love them! No breakage from anyone. But we did catch up to the group that passed us and one guys shackle bolt broke and his axle moved forward a foot and he hit a rock stopping him. Spent some time helping him out to get off the trail ENded up using a u-bolt as the bolt and it got him off. Glad to help out a guy. David did some great spotting and hope to be back on the trails soon :D

:thumbup:
And thats all :wave1:

no one tryed the far left up on the rock pile. Matt came down it but thats it. And both ben adn matt did the far left on whales tail, but both had to take a strap. Matt had to because he was in a really bad spot. He couldent back up because he would fall into the crack and risk rolling, and when he would throttle it same thing! so we had to

looks like a blast. anyone make it up the far left line on rock pile or whales tail?>
Almost! Before the Jeapfreak clan got to the trail, we messed around on the rock pile for 45 minutes. I couldn't figure out what the heck you did after getting up on the big rock, we got hung up on the humps. I will try to get my photos uploaded soon.

Looks like a killer 'wheeling day guys....... super jealous.

Matt and David....... any reason you didn't put the jeep in reverse to remove that rock? Or air down the tire to release pressure? Heck, unbolt the wheel........ Just seemed kinda funny you guys had to resort to hammers..... was it wedged up in there that good?

DSC_0271.jpg

Last edited:
Had a great day out there with everyone! The one night stay was good and I'm looking forward to more of those before a trail ride. It was pretty darn cold but well worth it!

Thanks to everyone for a solid day of wheelin'!

That rock stuck in Davids jeep was the perfect size and shape to get wedged in there GOOD. I believe they tried some manuevering before the hammers came out and it took us getting "western" with the hammers to get that sucker out! Then shortly after they got up the slab another smaller rock jumped right into the same spot, it was like the jeep was trying to eat the rocks instead of climbing over them :D

That rock stuck in Davids jeep was the perfect size and shape to get wedged in there GOOD. I believe they tried some manuevering before the hammers came out and it took us getting "western" with the hammers to get that sucker out!

I'm sure it musta been good and stuck. I'm not trying to sound judgemental..... I wasn't there. It's just striking my phunnay bone. I'd a thought the highlift jacks and lug wrench would have been brought out before resorting to hammers........ :D

This pic is what got me chuckling..... EVERYONE in that photo thought hammers were a good idea????? :laugh:

DSC_0280.jpg

Again, I'm just jealous I wasn't there with you all.......

This pic is what got me chuckling..... EVERYONE in that photo thought hammers were a good idea????? :laugh:

Again, I'm just jealous I wasn't there with you all.......

Hahaha! Yea, the way Matt and I were swinging those hammers there wasn't much room left
in the suggestion box:laugh: Then one of the hammer heads flew off underneath the jeep and that crowd disapated shortly after :laugh:

Back