• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrestling coil springs and the trac-bar!!

lostcreek21

NAXJA Forum User
Tommorrow I'am planning on putting in 1.75 spacers and when I put my 3" lift coils in a long time ago I had to disconnect the trac-bar. I still have the stock trac-bar so after I put the spacers in I know it will be hard to get it back on. I was wondering if there was any way to get the spacers in without disconnecting the trac-bar? Any other tips on getting the springs in and out? I have some coil spring compressors and they work good but it is still hard to get the coils in with my trac-bar disconnected. Thanks for any info

Why bother,you need a new trackbar anyway!

Ya but I don't have the money for it. I've seen planty of people run this high with a new trac-bar but I'm planning on getting one as soon as I get the money. Also when I put the extra lift on I think I'm going to drill a new hole for the trac-bar.

Last edited:
I understand this will be hard but wait until you get the ATB before installing the spacer.

mark
orgs mfg

Just disconnect the tracbar. A trick to get it back on easy is to have somebody turn the steering wheel back and forth slowly while you line it up. You stated that you'd probably drill a new hole with the added lift anyways, you kind of have to take it out to put it in the new hole.

Back