• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are your plans for your rig over the winter break?

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
So,I've decided that my ride needs some much needed TLC. I probably won't have it out anymore until around Feburary or March. I need to get a new door for the passenger's side :rolleyes:,among other things. I need to come up with a game plan to tackle things that need to be done/wish list stuff,all the while working on my wife's '65 Mustang,and actually make progress on both :D
My "needs to be done"list so far is:
Replace door.
Inspect rear axle/change fluid,shave that damned 1" lip off the bottom and beef the cover.
Beef the front axle cover and tie rod.
Either finish the existing front bumper,or just start all over again on a new one(haven't decided which will be easier).
Finish the rear bumper and incorperate the taillight housings into it,since my factory units are almost non-existant now. :)
Take off the rock rails and notch the pinch rail so I can mount them up a little higher,then bolt them through the floor and weld them to the "frame rail" for added strength.
Rattlecan OD green paint job.

Now,for the "Wish" list:
Fab up a long arm kit with Johnny Joints.
Spare set of doors for offroading that are cut out w/canvas covers w/plastic windows to keep out the rain.
Weld on some SJ flares,or at least replace the broken TJ flares :(
Build new leaf pack and buy new coils for the front.
Bigger tires in the 35"-36" size and of the 12.50-13.50 flavor on 15X10's
GEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

So.........
What will YOU be doing this winter??!?!?!?!?? :wave:

WHEELIN! i have been workin on my rig in the summer/fall this year instead of the winter, so my plans are to get the hydro-assist done, fab up some rockrails and then go wheel the piss out of it. i put the front doors back on (had to do some "body mods" aka beating the crap outta the rockers to get them to fit) so i'm all geared up, alls i need now is to get a trailer (hopefully xmas/bday present) and i'm off to tellico every chance i can get!

Pickup, narrow, gear, disc brake, shaft and install a Dana 60-2

Bracket, brake, hysteer, gear, and shaft the Tera 50 in my basement

fab/install long-arms and belly skid

2 more inches of lift and 35s

Hopefully I'll be able to get all that done before summer gets here, then it's off to NAC fest, Cherokee Crawl and maybe Moab in the fall. Need to get the 60 done by the end of break 'cause my 8.25 is takin a sh!t on me :(

Ary

Nothin...I got 3" and 31"AT's, who could ask for more than that?? :laugh3:
For real tho, not sure if it'll be this winter, but I gotta finish my front 44, build a crossmember for longarms, add 3" or 4" more lift, put 63" Chebby leafs in the rear, 35's or 36's, regear to 4:56, lots of rust repair or replace the heep, and cage. I think that's all. Hmmm, this winter, next winter, winter after that and the springs, summers, and falls in between. Can I ride with someone :tears:

finish cage, rear locker, and so everybody will be happy i'll paint my bumpers,

ps Dale you can ride with me.

Already made some progress since I got the '89 in late July. I want it ready to do the Naxja run of the Rubicon in August, so will concentrate on Front bumper? tow hooks anyway. Changing out the rest of the Ujoints. Rock sliders (AJ's supposedly half done with them, not shipped yet). Fatmat sound deadening material installation. Shipped this week...Install the CB. Skids on gas tank, tranny/engine one (long), and various tweaks yet to do. Re install seats/consoles. I should be done by spring, but since I'm not really technically savvy, working overtime around when my friends can help with stuff. Last two months, got the floorpan repaired, herculined the entire inside, changed a couple ujoints and put on a tirecarrier/bumper, as the sig pretty well says. Working 5 -7 12 hour shifts a week pays for the parts..just doesn't give much time to do anything with them...

Lets see.

1. Build custom trailer to get my junk to trail.
2. Build EXO cage
3. get larger tires :D
4. new steering pump
5. make more skids
6. new rear leafs
7. build custom beadlocks
8. maybe -put on OBA
I am sure there is more, but as always the projects never stop :D

1. Upgrade to 35's
2. Weld flat stock onto bottom of rear axle
3. Add tire carrier to rear bumper (or build new bumper)
4. Maybe get a HD SYE cause the Hack-n-tap ain't cuttin it
5. Synthetic winch line (if money allows)

Well, I'm still up for wheelin' this winter since I'd been on such a long hiatus up until the Beasley adventure. Nevertheless, I've got a list of things I hope to get done this winter:

1. SYE
2. M.O.R.E Motor Mounts
3. Front and Rear Bumpers
4. Paint and Install C-Rok Frame Plates
5. Dash mounted CB and tail whip
6. 8.25 skid
7. Fix Rear Main Seal Leak
8. Maybe go up to 33s (leaning towards Trxus right now)

I relocated my front brake line brackets as far down as I could on Sunday after seeing them nearly stretched to the limit when changing my tire at Beasley. My Borla header has finally shipped out, so I'll be having that installed this week.

Sounds like we're all gonna be busy. :)

Thanks for the seat offer Mark, I'll probly still be driving my heep tho cuz I doubt I'll get off my arse and start on it this winter. But I do appreciate it and I MAY still take ya up on it :)

Andy, just what does it sound like when a bigfoot runs through the forest? :dunno: :laugh3:

KISS plan for next year :)

for the trail rig:
Repair steering box/frame, 33x12.5 TSLs on 8" Allied beadlocks. (Maybe) front bumper/winch. (Maybe) Atlas II.

DD/street Jeep:
3"-/+ lift, 31x10.5 ATs, 4.10 gears, install true trac front diff, ORGS super nerfs, ARB front bumper, Tomken rear bumper, more forward lights. Better stereo/speakers.

tryin to work a deal to a local used car haggeler for swap of an old 3" lift for a semi wrecked mid 80s 4dr xj. to make a beater, no fender, tree scratchin, big tired, LCOG'd mofo..

prolly just put on as little of lift as possible so i run 35s (prolly more like 33s) but heck i gotta get the thing 1st...

heck @ this point i cant sink any more money into Black Betty so i need some other outlet for my trail agressions.

1. High steer w/ sterring assist
2. Sell 35s, and get 37s
3.Mount rear bumper and tire carrier/air tank!!
4.Install an OBA system
5.Rhino line interior
6.Mount my 24" Spinners
And I`m good to go :cheers:

BIG98XJ said:
2. Sell 35s, and get 37s
4.Install an OBA system
5.Rhino line interior
6.Mount my 24" Spinners

yeah i forgot about my spinners

BIG98XJ said:
2. Sell 35s, and get 37s
4.Install an OBA system
5.Rhino line interior
6.Mount my 24" Spinners

37s on a D30 and an 8.25!? I'm putting the 50 and 60 under my junk and I'm still hesitant to run 37s 'cause of the front u-joints.

Ary

hopefully within the month i will have my lift on, jan-feb is when i will be durabaking the whole vehicle, inside and out, 2 tone at that! other than that im broke so whatever little thing i can do cheaply i will do

Got Yukon shafts, havent borken one yet, and I have given it hell just to see what the yukon shafts are all about so far so good, got spare shafts if I break one, oh well, got a 44 lined up for me so its just temporary! Hesistant to put on the spinners cause I hear they dont spin as well once in the mud! :doh:

I AM going to get my junk running again. Hopefully get another job. After that. Nothing. Just take it one day at a time. Im hoping my brother will be able to make it for Christmas. We havent had a big one here, with most (imediate) family in almost 6 years.......would be nice.

Back