• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

windrock

tn88xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm just wanting to know how offten some of you from around the knoxville area get together and meet at windrock. I've been there once and would like to go back and learn more of the area. As of right now my XJ is stock with 215 75 r15 tires but that will change soon I hope. Is there a lot for a stock rig or is it a waste of time with out bigger tires. I have a set of 30x9.5's I need to get on but I wanted to get a 2" lift first.

You need the BB and 30's on there at least.

That's not a big problem and will soon be done ( i hope ). That's kinda what I was thinking but I've been through some bad stuff with my old XJ and 215 tires.

ya we need to do a back to basics ride (smaller tires lower damage) maybe i could get the cj running for such an event :D

Hopefully in the next few weeks we will have another ride up there. Just keep checking back here and we will post a date.

Yeah def upgrade to the BB and the 30's i ran stock with 235s of a while with now lift. I can tell you that makes a great difference the bigger tires and lift especially if the tires are a Mud Terrain tire because theres a good bit of mud at windrock. You can do alot of little things to improve you XJ cheap search and im sure you will find it. Good Luck with everything! (Oh and when doing the BB compress the spring evenly on both sides thats the trick)

IntrepidXJ said:
it sure seemed to me that most of the trails there could be done in a stock XJ :dunno:

yeah the problem is there is no mild stuff anymore, its either stock stuff or extreme trails

Well if everyone is up to it, why dont one of you that know the area start planing a trip that doesn't happen on the same weekend as one of the bigger runs?

Back