• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage Reports...

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
Lets hear it...who did what, from body damage to busted parts. It didn't seem too bad this year for major breaks.

I just tweaked my steering a little.

Andy

All righty then...

1. 2 tires - Lost the RF to a stump while attemping to descend Turtle on Thursday, decided to replace the spare after putting a good dig in the sidewall sometime between then and the end of the day. I have the stump in the cargo area, and may just mount the little bugger on a plaque.

2. Slightly bent LF lower LCA bracket (has a date with a hammer and 2x4 later this week). No functional issues due to this.

3. Bent my right-side tow hook bracket a little when assisting a stock TJ on "Good, Bad, and Ugly" on Saturday.

Not exactly hard-core carnage, but it's my biggest total to date (a mark I hope not to eclipse any time soon).

I'll be sending pics of the tire to Ben for his site, when it's up, I'll try to remrember to post a link.

Rob

Bent the snot out of my front bumper on the passenger-side...twice (thanks Joe for the fix the first time). Dented the passenger side front and rear doors, dented the passenger side rear panel, but really I just increased the dent already there. Busted two CB antannaes, busted the driverside front axleshaft and ball joints (thanks again to Joe for the on hand ball joints) and smashed the heck out of my right hand ring finger.

All in all it was a GREAT trip! Tahnks to Ben and Joe for all their hard work and for putting on such a great event!

Well, i managed to push my right rear door back out last night enough to get the window to close. torn off rear fender flares(bushwackers),right front fender,marker light,chrome from the drip rail. I need to stop hitting the trees.

smashed in both bedsides pretty good, which i believe was a sign to get rid off them. but didn't break nothing otherwise. thanks Ben and Joe for such a good time. P.S. sean and pete i owe you one

Snapped a drivers side 8.8 axle shaft on thurs. morning
06-12-05_0708.jpg

then later on in the afternoon lost my steering completely and put me out for the weekend, I think I have some new body dents but not sure if its from the trail or me kicking the old junker.

Thanks to all who attended, like i said before its the people make the event.

Last edited:
Lightning said:
Well, i managed to push my right rear door back out last night enough to get the window to close. torn off rear fender flares(bushwackers),right front fender,marker light,chrome from the drip rail. I need to stop hitting the trees.

Gary dont forget the 2 "square point" holes from launcing the xj in the air

1 blown hub (imagine that)
3 blowouts of the arb line, getting a replacement high temp hose this week.
Minor body damage
ripped one of the rockers off due to piss poor welding.

The drivetrail is what Pete left behind when he drove over any obstacle in Paragon. His own little "Pete Was Here" way of marking his territory.

A.

Will the first thing is the floor is 6" higher now the seat leans to the side. next powersteeringpump is cooked,rocked all the rims,overheated getting beer,bent up both fenders the LT. one is cooked that is about it i am sure i will find more. but it was a grate weekend thanks

Andy in Pa. said:
The drivetrail is what Pete left behind when he drove over any obstacle in Paragon. His own little "Pete Was Here" way of marking his territory.

A.

exactly what i was trying to say. maby :wierd: im retarted

Pete

OneTonXJ said:
What exactly is a drivetrail??? No wonder you won best engineered.
Well I'm guessin' a drivetrail is all that oil he left on the ground as he went up the trails. :wave:

Not nearly as much as last year...

Just a taillamp (thanks tim :)) and the frame rail crack at the steering box...

Probably some other body damage, but I would have to look harder and remember what was there before to notice.

oh and a broken ego for winning the bonehead award.

Two blown 33 BFG M/Ts. Body damage on left side rear door and quarter panel. I think I slid off a rock from that snail trail left from Pete's rig. I like his way of fixing it. Just don't put any more fulid in the t-case.

Thanks Andy for the spare spare. I already have the new 35's on the Classic. :sunshine:

I bought some used Goodyear MTR's mounted on some steel beadlock rims. Need to do some fender trimming now. :sunshine:

96 Classic said:
I bought some used Goodyear MTR's mounted on some steel beadlock rims. Need to do some fender trimming now. :sunshine:

pics pics pics pics
pics pics pics pics
pics pics pics pics

Back