• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RADesigns upgrades AW4 floor shifter

R.DesJardin

NAXJA Forum User
RADesigns updates the Rock floor shifter that can directly replace the stock factory unit in the stock location.
I've added shift gates for all the forward gears while still keeping the OD to Reverse gate for quick direction changes. This will be standard on all Rock floor shifters for 2011, same price same great quality. I've been running one of these in two of my wheelers for over a year now just to test it out.:DAn no the pics aren't of the one in my XJ.
miscupdate005.jpg
miscupdate003.jpg

i love mine, especially in the set back position, shifting from the hip is much nicer and easier with the harness on.

BTW: might have to buy a new one i like the new gates.

i love mine, especially in the set back position, shifting from the hip is much nicer and easier with the harness on.

BTW: might have to buy a new one i like the new gates.

Glad to here you like it. I plan on selling a new top plate conversion kit once I get an inventory of "new" ones. So stay tuned and feel free to remind me, pm, e-mail, text, call. :D

Very cool stuff.

Question out of sheer curiosity though. Would there be a way that you could do an interrupter button on the shift stick to make it work as a normal automatic when not wheeling? I am not familiar with what kind of signal the AW4 uses for shift points or how it does it. Reason being if somebody hops in my Jeep sometime to drive it I do not want them trying to cruise down the highway in 1st gear. Granted yes I would explain to them that they have to shift it if they were to drive it, Just curious if it is possible to do an interrupter button to shift as normal and drop the shift stick out of the equation unless the shift stick was 'armed' for wheeling.

Thanks!
Nick

so are you sayin you have a setup now that fits both the rock rail and the baja shifter in the factory location on the center console with a place for the tcu bypass switch? if so im game as soon as my bank account recovers from my current build lol

so are you sayin you have a setup now that fits both the rock rail and the baja shifter in the factory location on the center console with a place for the tcu bypass switch? if so im game as soon as my bank account recovers from my current build lol

What I'm saying is the Rock and Rail combo fits in the stock loaction and the console will still be useable and then you can install the switch setup to be able to use either the Rail or let the TCM shift the trans. There's pics on the website.
The Baja will not fit in the stock console, it's made more for the buggy, Jeepspeed, TJ/YJ swap setups.

Will the Rock shifter fit under a 97-01 console without the factory gear position plate in place?

so whats the main difference between the baja and shifter rails?

Nothing, well a few things, the Baja has the larger positive gates/stops for each gear, it's made to be waterproof. Designed originally for a Jeepspeed racer. The Rail has stops for each gear it's just they as smaller and you could easliy jump a gear in a race panic shift situation. The Rail is really the popular one for trail and DD guys.
The Baja looks cooler! And we all know how important it is to look cool.:D
The real advantage of using a Rail and a Rock is being able to:
1. Start in any gear you wish.
2. Go from any forward gear directly to reverse, and back forward to that gear.

2. Go from any forward gear directly to reverse, and back forward to that gear.

that right there was my #1 selling point, i ran bretts (awshifting) for 5 yrs and loved it, but being able to go from reverse back to second or vise versa in an instant wasn't easily done. the rockshifter with the rail shifter made that all extremely easy.

btw: i use second 99% of the time for crawling, 1st is only used for extreme situations, so i'm usually running 2-4.

naxja discount?

Back