• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got buried today.. PIC thread. Whats you worst snow stuck??

blibra

NAXJA Forum User
Read it. Your bored anyways.:shocked:
Post up your pic of your WORST SNOW STUCK here in the NW!!
Who has the title for most stuck! And type up what you did and how you got out. Maybe someone will learn something from this.

Sundays adventure:
I have been up my road to play in the snow the past two days.. We got another 8-12 inches over last night. Well today I got myself a little buried. I learned a lot today. i think its the most snow I have driven in yet.. Monster was a champ though. I have open F/R 30 and 35, 3.55's, bald 33 12.50 TSL's, and a 4.5 inch lift. fronts trailmaster and the rear is a bastard pack.

First thing. Bring shovels. :twak: I didnt have all my gear with me because it got muddy yanking a buddies j-4000 that was buried last week.. It did me no good sitting in the shop

Secondly, Reverse 180's in the ditch dont work in 2-3 feet of snow and open. And "When in doubt floor it" is the most fun but is not always the best....

Thirdly, Dont be too stubborn to just stop and use the good 'ol come along. Didn't help I was in a clear cut.. We dicked around for a couple hours just to get stuck 3 more times... 15 minutes with the come along and then yanked me out.

And last of all I'm welding up my 30... DAMN IT. Or lunch boxing it
I also have a spare 35. How long will a Lincoln locked 35 last? When mine breaks I'm 10 minutes from home..

We went up in the foothills of the cascades (HWY 20) to go play for a bit today. We ended up taking a dead end and had to turn around in a bit of snow. Me being a dumbass decided to try a reverse 180. I ended up facing the ditch. Dug a nice hole on my 2 power tires. rocked a bit. trying to back out.. Stupid. So I drove straight to make a U turn and drive out. Ran into a stump. Backed up out the way I started the 180. Almost got out. And then got a pull from a buddy in his Jeep up the hill and he slid just enough to work himself into the ditch facing up hill. Now its back to my Jeep. I end up heading down the ditch and got caught up on a fallen tree. We then come alonged him out from a buried stump and He pulled me out and that was it. BUT, I'M GLAD I KNEW THAT YOU SHOULD PUT A TARP OR JACKET OVER THE CABLE AND HOOKS FACING UP from the bottom TO SEND IT TO THE GROUND. MY HAGGARD TOW ROPE RIPPED AND ALMOST GOT ME. So much wasted energy and time we could have been playing. Plus it can be dangerous. Dont you miss these good 'ol days.
Pics from Saturday. And then the stuck pics. Be patient. Then post yours!!

img4467vd8.jpg

img4434dg0.jpg

img4530ju8.jpg

AND THE STUCK PICS
Rule of thumb you can go atleast to your bumper without any problems.

img4573bd0.jpg

img4577zw4.jpg

img4579ue4.jpg

img4581tu2.jpg

img4584hy5.jpg

img4586sp4.jpg

Hey blibra---That looks like ALOT of fun but please tell me that you had "survival gear" in case you got stuck. From the looks of it, you were in the middle of nowhere.

IXNAYXJ---Is that really an XJ under there? LOL...holy crap. How did that happen?

That's it....I'm moving to Oregon. Georgia sucks.

I'm sure there's a couple people that remember this one.....:helpme:

sm1499.jpg

sm1504.jpg

Took us the better part of 3? hours to dig me out, jack up the rig in the snow/mud to change a tire, and get me past that spot. Of course, without my rig getting stuck, we never would have had to drive through the night in a blinding snowstorm and score one of my favorite wheeling pics of all time....

sm1514.jpg

- Jay

i dont really recall every getting really stuck in the snow it's all a matter of knowing when to say when and airing your tires down. but i did however need a little tug when we tried to go to the point of no return

we all run 31's at 6 psi except for the wrangler that has 33's. we let him lead on this last leg of the trail, snow was about 4 feet here but we stayed on top pretty efficiently.

he tried ramming the snow a couple times but it just got deeper and deeper becaus this was the beginning of a clear cut. HUGE drifts.

he decided to back out but couldnt. so i needed to turn around and promptly slud off the trail and couldnt get back on. not real bad just needed a slight tug to start my own line again. heres the only pic i got of that and another one of the wrangler stuck, and a couple of the trail before the clear cut.

25247812313_0_BG.jpg

94247812313_0_BG.jpg

54247812313_0_BG.jpg

45609812313_0_BG.jpg

96609812313_0_BG.jpg

65609812313_0_BG.jpg

and just for fun, here's one of me pulling a yj out. FYI to get to this point in the trail and pull him out i had to break trail off to the side in fresh snow and pass 5 Fullsize trucks. (the same guys that had been ragging on jeeps all day!!!! they changed their tune!)

81247812313_0_BG.jpg

and the red cherokee has bald (not an exageration) ass 31's on stock jeep steel wheels. he went everywhere we did.

GlueNTape said:
If I wasn't there, I would think he was trying to pull you up that hill:scottm:

we were actually having a tug-o-war, and i was just trying to even the playing field by rock crawling at the same time. :shhh:

Someone needs to add a picture of the TV series Batman and a "POWIE!" to this one: :D

CIMG1203.jpg

RTicUL8 said:
Someone needs to add a picture of the TV series Batman and a "POWIE!" to this one: :D

CIMG1203.jpg

That's Joe : WA_XJSkier doing a flop jump off Matt's rig..... on purpose :roll: .

Back