• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For sale Ocala, FL 4 door comanche/cheromanche

NAXJA Forum User
Well I think it's time to realize this project is not going to come to fruition for me.

Have a 4 door MJ/ cheromanche project for sale. I will post pictures later today or tomorrow.

I bought it from another NAXJA member about 3 years ago for $750 and that's what it will take to buy it from me. I have clear Florida title ( titled as '93 Cherokee).

From about 24" behind the B pillar...forward is a 1993 XJ. Good running 4.0L 190K on it.

From about that point rearward is an '88 MJ short bed with factory D-44 axle and 3.07 gears.

It is 2wd...has an AW4 for transmission. Seems to shift fine. I've driven it up to 50MPH with no issues. I have a 4wd AW4 in unknown condition that will go with the truck.

Uniframe has been "stiffened" /supported with 3X3 3/16 thick angle iron from the rear leaf spring hangars all the way to the front LCA mounts.

It's running a 4.5" lift I believe 3.5" springs with a 1" spacer up front with drop brackets for the control arms and then full 4.5" leaves in the rear. Unsure of brand.

It has 15X7 cragar chome wheels with 235/75-15 Goodyear wranglers. Tires are useable with lots of tread but I'd not keep them on there long term as they're getting old.

The guy who did the work up to the point it is now did a great job as far as I'm concerned.

The interior would need a good cleaning as even being tarped it doesn't keep out all the elements or squirrels. Front seats are front XJ buckets and then the rear seat(s) is a split set up (dodge pleather) from a Durango...unsure of year. I'm 6'3" and the back seat has as much or more legroom than my '03 quad cab dodge.

Dash has some small cracks in it but no foam or metal is showing through. AC does work but needs a recharge...may have a leak.

Floor shift with a late model XJ center console.

I have the XJ front doors for it. They are functional and fit fine. Power windows work

I have a set of XJ rear doors which attach as they should on the XJ B pillar. You'll see from the pictures how much they don't cover for the back door area of the truck and of course they don't latch. I also have a good set of MJ doors. If you now someone who can do body work/sheet metal fab...the rear XJ doors and the MJ doors need to be made into the "back doors". The PO had made a door as a mock up and I have that too.

The header panel has a crack in it on the driver side up near the hood.

It has no rockers. You would have to get some 2X4 and 2X6 rectangle tubing and weld in rockers like a lot of folks do on their trail rigs.

The only other body work that needs to be done is the roof line near the rear of the cab and where the 2 cabs were "mated" together.

This thing runs and drives well. It makes very little noise for a 24 year old/29 year old unibody rig that's actually 2 rigs welded together. Feels very solid.

Again I will post pictures of it later today or tomorrow.

$ 750 FIRM

Not real good one as the carpet covers the inside portion of it and the angle iron welded to the uniframe covers those portions as well I can try to get some from underneath the floor pans and see how they turn out.

Back