• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aaron's Services

emptypockets86

NAXJA Forum User
Instead of having this lost in the Important thread, I made a new thread for Aaron's services.

Viewing for Aaron Thompson is this Saturday from 11am-1pm. Funeral will follow at 1pm. Both will be held at Jewell -Rittman funeral home on 25th Street in Columbus, IN. The celebration of life afterward will be at 6602 S. 400W Columbus IN 47201. Please bring a chair if you want to attend the celebration.

Myself and Zac will be coming down in the JK.

I was contemplating going. It is a 6 hour trip one way.
I have a lot going on with work but now I have to hook up a pump on a job tomorrow, so there is no way we will make it.

We were going also but then we were asked to show our house on Saturday we are selling ...

Ram" The house has to sell" Rod

I want to go, but financially unable to drive or fly as my first paycheck for the year doesn't come till next week. I donated to the gofundme what I could. If someone could please express my condolences I'd really appreciate it.

Austin

The Heep and I will be making the two hour trek there.

My family and Chachi will make it there tonight. Probably coming in a borrowed minivan and have to leave right after the funeral. I have to host a childhood friends bachelor party sat night. Its going to be a long day and it will be hard to do with my head in a place of mourning but I can't let him down.

Rev is coming also.

I'm glad I noticed the "bring a chair" comment.

We will see you guys tomorrow. I wish it was under better circumstances.

Me and the wife are going to make the trip down. I don't trust the jeep making the drive right now though.

Last edited:
^ that's cool....I always remember when I first met Aaron he always had the first gen camo hat we had with the American flag bill.

kudos to all who will be there to send him off. we are down to one vehicle currently. thought about renting a car to come down, but it just wasn't in the cards. glad a lot of guys can make it though. it may be a little weird, but i think there should be a NAXJA group photo of some sort. i think aaron would have liked something like that

get there safe everyone

Just got to the hotel 20 minutes ago. Decided to drive the Jetta as it is a little quicker then the other options

Hey all....

I spent the afternoon with Terri (Aarons mom) at the party after the services. She thanked you all multiple times for coming out, she said that Aaron always talked about how much fun he had with this group and what an important part of his life we were. The family was impressed with the massive turnout of "Jeep people" and how much we all loved Aaron.

From Terri - "Much love to you all for the friendship and love you showed Aaron, may God bless each of you"

Rev

It was a great, but somber service. NAXJA people are hands down some of the best people around.

92ccd627c64551f6f04e9eeb347d617a.jpg

Anyone know what is happening to his jeep? his brother bringing it back to AZ with him? ( I hope he is!)

Anyone know what is happening to his jeep? his brother bringing it back to AZ with him? ( I hope he is!)

I spoke with a family member who said that it was still up in the air at this point.

It's my understanding that he did not have a will, so that makes things a big more complicated.

mac 'everyone should have a will' gyvr

Back