• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn Signal switch question

megabyte5689

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 XJ with the 4.0 straight six and I'm having a problem with the turn signal. Whenever use the turn signal lever to signal that I'm going right the lever never automatically shuts the signal off after the turn has been completed. However this is not the same for the turn because the signal automatically shuts off after the turn has been completed. What could be my problem here? the tilt column is a little loose.

Get your blinker fluid here, cheapest on the net........
(currently sold out)
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=6

BlinkFluid.jpg

megabyte5689 said:
I have a 90 XJ with the 4.0 straight six and I'm having a problem with the turn signal. Whenever use the turn signal lever to signal that I'm going right the lever never automatically shuts the signal off after the turn has been completed. However this is not the same for the turn because the signal automatically shuts off after the turn has been completed. What could be my problem here? the tilt column is a little loose.

Cancelling cam inside the steering column. Relatively easy.

Loose tilt would also be the assembly bolts-common on the 80's 90s GM columns. You can find a guide for that somewhere, but it's very tedious. I would either live with that until it got too dangerous, or get another column.

Back