• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any dates for Nac fest??

XJHOX

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any dates set for this up coming years (04) Nac fest? I have tried to make it the last few years and something always comes up.

last i talked to Eagle they were having a tough time pinning down a possitive date with paragon i guees it had to do with other events scheduled down there as well.. i guesss shooting for 1 week either side of the may holiday weekend.... i'm there!! i think Eagle is off visiting family since i havent heard anything out of him lately and he did say he was leaving for a while...
mike

yeah, get on the stick kids. Some of us Midwesterners need to make arrangements. We get to kick the snot out of Beezil's rig this year :party:

Sean

magoo117 said:
Schweet,I'll have to get my junk in top shape!!!Look foward to seeing all of you.

I wouldn't be too worried about tip top shape, we're both on the constant verge of breakage.

Breakin' stuff is part of the game,right?What trails are you thinking about doing?Did you get to Death Valley last time?

Nope, was going to possibly give it a shot, but we saw pebbles. Of course, we didn't know what it was and we just dropped into the middle of it. 30' later I'm getting winched out due to breakage. Hopefully I'll have my winch on and my CTM's in for the event this year.

Sean

BUT HEY, not many folks can say they ran that section (we watched that sammy go around it), first of all, and RAN IT BACKWARDS to boot!!! I still say if the rocks weren't so wet we could have run the line you were on.

A.

Yep, if it was dry we woulda nailed it. We'll be doing the whole trail this time around. Oh, and Beezil is going to lead it!

Sean

I think there's going to be a good showing from the midwest this year, I'm planning on it instead of Tellico and from what Scott Mac was saying he's going to try to make it as well. If I can get Vug to get his fawking house finished and get his Jeep built I'd hope he'll be there too.

Keep an eye out for the bus haulin 2 XJ's.

Okay - although we don't have a Grand Poobah or official committee yet (and since our prez is otherwise "distracted" in Chile :loveu: ), it's probably time for some discussion before we move to an official events Forum.

First things first is a date - we have been snakebit by weather and Zuki's the last couple of years ("spring" continues to be an elusive thought in Pennsylvania lately), and for various reasons the first couple of weekends in June are not so good, so how does 18-20 JUN weekend sound?

Let the games :soapbox: begin . . . .

(BTW, for another various set of reasons - myself, Andy, CHW, and Lawn Cher may not be able to play as big a role in this event as we have in the past. Really need some additional support to help and run this thing . . . .

. . . . volunteers? :wantyou: )

Mike in NJ :patriot:

STROKER said:
I'll be there and i may have to run with you hardcore guys this time.... :smoker:

SUUUUURRRRE ya will :rolleyes: :D

Mike, you mean you guys actually want to have some fun this time and not worry about the entire event. Shame on you! ;)

The date sounds great. 2 weeks later we gotta be in Tellico, this oughta be fun.

the dates look good..... gives me more time to wrench and get the trail rig down there.. mid-june at paragon....... mid-july camp jeep in VA..... mid-august the Rubicon....... $hit!!! my summer is already spent!!!!
see you there....
mike

Back