• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aw4 to np231

1manwolfpack

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
I have a np231j in my 93 cherokee. The t case is making a bad clunking sound while driving. Bought a early style np231amc that has a 21 spline shaft. I want to buy a new input shaft. I can't have the jeep down for long, so I want to get this amc one built so I can swap it over.

Does anyone know if the 23 spline input for a 93 HO aw4 to np231 shaft length? Is it the short, medium or long?

Hi,
I have a np231j in my 93 cherokee. The t case is making a bad clunking sound while driving. Bought a early style np231amc that has a 21 spline shaft. I want to buy a new input shaft. I can't have the jeep down for long, so I want to get this amc one built so I can swap it over.

Does anyone know if the 23 spline input for a 93 HO aw4 to np231 shaft length? Is it the short, medium or long?

For the price of new input gear, you could probably buy a used 231 with the correct input gear.

I looked up the Novak and I was a little unclear. I said medium, but looked like it said it was a medium for the grand cherokee.

Around here, they are either a 95+ model year or AMC, which is the 21 spline. Can't find the 91-94ish tcase.

Back